Assistant Director for Marketing
As part of the University of San Diego, a Roman Catholic University, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to advancing academic and athletic excellence and enhancing students' lives while promoting the University of San Diego.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution
, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition
and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens
and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges
The Assistant Director for Marketing coordinates and implements marketing and student fan engagement initiatives in conjunction with the Marketing and Promotions Team; oversees the management of game-day entertainment for athletic events (approximately 80 per year); assists with the development and implementation of the Athletic Department's comprehensive annual marketing campaign; supervises four to six interns and student employees; supervises the spirit team (which includes both the dance and cheer teams); and assists with Athletic Department special events. Duties & Responsibilities:
Drive student attendance and student engagement through strategic planning in conjunction with Sr. Associate AD for External Operations.
- Develop student street team network and serve as the liaison with Associated Students appointed Athletics Chair.
- Develop year-long campus student activities calendar.
- Develop and execute campus communication plan to students, faculty/staff.
- Develop rewards system for students.
Plan and execute an enhanced game-day experience for ticketed athletic events, working closely with the athletics media relations and development offices. The position works approximately 80 athletic events per year.
- Coordinate public address announcements, video board displays, entertainment and presentations.
- Ensure anthem singers, music and recognition elements are appropriately developed and managed.
- Ensure sponsorship and promotional commitments are fulfilled.
- Assist in creation of graphics for in-venue elements.
Assist with the development and implementation of the Athletic Department marketing campaign.
- Assist with designing and conducting an advertising campaign to promote USD Athletics, the Athletic Department brand and individual sports using a variety of outlets to include, but not be limited to, social media, print, radio, television, and billboard.
- Coordinate a promotional plan for USD students and campus personnel.
- Oversee the marketing assistants' communication with students and campus personnel.
- Work with the Community of Human Resources to develop campus community support at athletic events.
- Assist with the San Diego community promotional plan, in coordination with the San Diego County Office of Education, athletic academic affairs and the ticket office.
Supervise four to six graduate interns, undergraduate interns, student employees, and street team students each year.
- Recruit, interview, select, and hire.
- Oversee and supervise projects.
- Evaluate each semester for grades and feedback.
Coordinate the activities of the spirit team (dance and cheer) and the pep band.
- In conjunction with the Assistant AD, in supervise and evaluate the spirit team coach.
- Manage the spirit team budget.
- Manages appearance calendar for spirit squad, band and student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years of experience in marketing and the fan experience or related fields.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: California driver’s license CPR/AED/First Aid certification required within six weeks of employment. Special Conditions of Employment:
- Additional desired qualifications include thorough knowledge of athletics, experience in public relations and personnel management.
- Works a significant number of athletic events during the year. Must be able to work long hours, nights and weekends.
- Ability to attend on and off campus events required.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.Degree Verification Requirement
: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
40 hours Closing date:
Open until filled Note
: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
January 12, 2022
Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/494630/assistant-director-for-marketing
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency