Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist🔍School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
📁Human Resources📅Apr 07, 2022 Post Date📅92799 Requisition #At Stanford University School of Medicine, the work we do touches lives today and tomorrow. Through education, research, and healthcare, the School of Medicine improves health through leadership, diversity, collaborative discoveries, and innovation. Whether working in departments with faculty, or in units that support the school, our staff are a part of teams that propel us on our journey toward the future of medicine and Precision Health.
As a part of the Talent Office in the Human Resources Group (HRG) at the School of Medicine, the Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist
will develop and implement sourcing strategies to identify top staff talent in the areas of research, finance and administration. The Sourcing Specialist will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in screening and selecting top talent, and will deliver world-class service in deploying the sourcing strategy to assist with hiring across the School of Medicine.
Reporting to the Manager of Recruiting Services, the Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist will work to develop pipelines of passive candidates for research, finance and administrative positions using the School of Medicine’s Talent Network, LinkedIn, and other talent acquisition tools. Additionally, the Sourcing Specialist will work on projects as part of the team and may include career events, hiring events, and leading efforts to pilot new processes and technologies. This position will have flexibility to be based anywhere in the U.S., for candidates who are able to occasionally travel to the Stanford School of Medicine campus as in-office work resumes. Duties include:
- Partner with hiring manager and local HR staff to determine basic requirements and qualifications of positions to develop job postings, candidate profiles, and selection criteria.
- Set hiring manager expectations. Develop and execute service level agreements for individual positions.
- Provide guidance and tools to managers throughout the search process, including how to conduct interviews and extend offers.
- Source, recruit, screen, interview, and recommend external and/or internal candidates for all levels of jobs, including support and hourly, professional and technical, and management positions.
- Cultivate pools of diverse potential candidates for future openings.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained concerning all phases of the recruitment process, including equal employment opportunity statistics, and is in compliance with state and federal laws, contractual obligations, and university guidelines.
- Recruit from and/or conduct job fairs, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- 2+ years sourcing passive candidates using LinkedIn and talent networks
- Experience with research and / or finance roles
- Experience Managing Programs or Career Events
- Experience working in an environment that utilizes a process improvement / process excellence methodology
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Highly-developed interviewing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws applicable to the hiring of employees, including affirmative action and equal employment opportunity requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based systems and recruiting sources, including the internet, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry group/association, and job fairs.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, use a telephone.
- Occasionally stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, life/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11/20 pounds.
- Rarely writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Occasional travel.
- Flexible work hours including weekends and evenings.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4692
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 92799