Bard CollegePiano TechnicianEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/101253
Bard College seeks a Piano Technician to execute tuning, regulation, voicing, repairs, action refurbishing, preventative maintenance, and other duties in order to maintain Bard College’s piano inventory at an optimal level.
Bard College has a piano fleet of approximately 100 pianos, which supports a wide range of educational programs and professional performing arts organizations, including The Bard Conservatory of Music, Bard Undergraduate Music Program, Bard SummerScape, Bard Music Festival. This position is supervised directly by the director of the Bard Conservatory of Music and works closely with the executive directors of the Fisher Center for the Performing Arts and the Bard Music Festival.Duties include:
- Maintaining the pianos to all practice and performance standards to meet the requirements of faculty, students, and guest artists.
- Creating and maintaining an individualized service rotation schedule based upon the needs of the instruments, the faculty, and the students, fulfilling special requests as needed.
- Preparing concert hall pianos for all performances on a regular schedule.
- Maintaining a database of maintenance records for each piano.
- Communicating with upper administration about the college’s long-term piano maintenance needs. Scheduling and overseeing piano work done by outside contractors for the purposes of repair, rebuilding, refinishing, and supplemental tuning.
- Doing basic harpsichord tuning and maintenance (or overseeing that work to be done by outside contractors.)
- Overseeing and scheduling the moving of pianos.
- Engaging in continuing professional training and education in order to maintain and develop skills.
- Documentation of specialized training in piano maintenance, preferably from a recognized school of piano maintenance.
- Demonstrated expertise in concert quality tuning.
- Demonstrated skill in repairing keyboard problems ranging from the common to the complex, including voicing, regulation and rebuilding required.
- Membership in the Piano Technicians Guild is desirable.
- Ability to support the unique technical demands of student, faculty and guest artists.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the broad and diverse constituencies of Bard College.
- Availability to do evening and weekend work as required by concert and event scheduling.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references by following this link on Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/101253Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.