University of Scranton
Research and Instruction Librarian for Business
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the University’s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the University’s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311[email protected]
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The University’s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
Diversity & Inclusion
The University of Scranton embraces diversity and inclusion through its mission, Jesuit identity, strategic plans, community outreach programs, and numerous diversity programs. The University of Scranton is an Equal Opportunity employer and actively solicits applications from diverse candidates. Please see our website at https://www.scranton.edu/equity-diversity/ for our full non-discrimination statement.All applicants are required to provide a statement that indicates their commitment to diversity and inclusion and how this informs their pedagogy.
The University of Scranton invites applications for a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track Research & Instruction Librarian for Business. The regularly scheduled hours for this position will be primarily Monday-Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm, with occasional hourly adjustments as needed. The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank of Assistant Professor and will be compensated according to the collective bargaining agreement, see https://www.scranton.edu/academics/provost/FAC/contract/fac-con_2015-2022.pdf
. A generous benefits package is offered, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plan, paid vacations, holidays, research leave, and tuition remission. All full-time faculty members also have the opportunity to join our faculty union which serves as the local chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP).
The Research & Instruction Librarian for Business contributes to the Library's campus-wide focus on transformative teaching and learning in the Ignatian tradition. In addition to regular faculty responsibilities, the Research & Instruction Librarian for Business engages in information literacy instruction, research support, and collection development for the academic departments in the University's Kania School of Management and other cognate disciplines, including Communications, Health Administration, and Human Resources.
- Teaches as part of the Library’s information literacy program, which includes information literacy instruction in core general education courses, as well as undergraduate and graduate level disciplinary courses - Provides research services and scholarly assistance to members of the university community both in-person and online - Serves as library liaison to the Kania School of Management, a role that includes providing course-integrated instruction and collection development in business related subject areas (accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, operations and analytics), as well as other subject areas as assigned - Meets the expectations of tenure-track faculty while progressing toward tenure by following the expectations set forth in The University of Scranton’s Faculty Handbook- Provides the responsible provision of Library services and building operations coordination with other Library faculty and administration
Additional Skills Required:
- Willingness to develop the knowledge required to provide information literacy instruction in business related courses- Ability to deal well with members of the public- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills - Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills - Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently - Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and community-at-large - Professional commitment to user-focused library services - Professional commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion - Ability to engage in scholarship and service to meet qualifications for reappointment and tenure, as defined in the Faculty Handbook - Ability to attain a second Master’s degree in a subject field, or the completion of thirty graduate credits in a discipline that improves professional competence, as a requirement for tenure (if not already accomplished at time of hire)
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Possession of an American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s degree at time of appointment.
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
- Experience working in a library or archives- Experience working collaboratively with others to pursue, manage, and complete projects
- Familiarity with business or related subject areas (e.g., accounting, advertising, finance, economics, health administration, human resources, marketing, operations, etc.)- Knowledge of current trends in academic librarianship related to research and instruction, such as knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education - Experience creating engaging learning opportunities for student, faculty, or community audiences- Proficiency in the use and adoption of technological tools, such as social media and other emerging technologies and platforms, for the delivery and support of library services - Strong desire to explore pedagogical approaches and learning theories that can enrich teaching practice- Familiarity with assessment methods and techniques - Supervisory experience
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Salary: Appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor with compensation package set according to the collective bargaining agreement, see https://www.scranton.edu/academics/provost/FAC/contract/fac-con_2015-2022.pdf.
About the Library and University The Weinberg Memorial Library provides superior resources, services, and programs that meet the dynamic and diverse scholarly, cultural, and social needs of the University and our community. We value teaching, research, and lifelong learning, and we are committed to intellectual freedom, preservation, accessibility, and sustainability. Our work environment is forward-looking and participatory, with an emphasis on transparency and faculty/staff development. Applicants must apply online at https://universityofscrantonjobs.com and include a cover letter summarizing qualifications and strengths, a curriculum vitae (or résumé), and contact information for three references. Review of applications will begin immediately with a potential start date of August 1, 2022. See a direct link to the job posting here: Prof. Ian O’Hara, Research & Instruction Librarian for Health Sciences, serves as the Search Committee Chair.
To apply, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/5648
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency