: Campus SafetyLocations:
: York, PAPosted:
: Jan 10, 2022Closes:
: Aug 31, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About York College of Pennsylvania:
Established in 1787, York College of Pennsylvania is a private, four-year college located in the city of York, a hub of arts and industry between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Housed on 190 picturesque acres, the college is known for its focus on experiential learning and community engagement, serving over 4,000 undergraduate and 300+ graduate students in more than 70 baccalaureate majors, along with 20+ graduate and professional programs. Deeply rooted in the liberal arts and recognized for excellence in its professional nursing, business, engineering, and education programs, York is ranked among the nation's top 50 Best Value Schools by U.S. News. The College's robust recreation and athletics program is among the best in the region, and is home to 23 NCAA III Division sports teams and 30+ intramural sports. A Princeton Review Best Northeastern College, York prides itself on its experienced, engaged faculty; its high-impact and student-centric philosophy; and its long-standing commitment to affordability and accessibility.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Part-Time Campus Safety Dispatcher position to work every other (E/O) Saturday, 7:00am - 7:00pm and Sunday, 7:00am - 3:00pm (20 hours E/O week) available immediately. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to dispatching Campus Safety Police Officers, Auxiliary Safety Officers, and Student Security Officers to routine and emergency calls for service via clear and concise two-way radio communication; receiving routine and emergency telephone calls and messages in an accurate, confident and professional manner; monitoring of college video surveillance system, fire/panic alarms, and other safety systems; and keeping accurate dispatch call logs and records.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to work efficiently in a high stress, fast paced, dynamic environment and be able to handle confidential and protected data
- Obtain JNET and C.L.E.A.N. access/certification within 90 days of hire or appointment
- Obtain NAED Emergency Telecommunicator Certification within 90 days of hire or appointment, if not already certified.
- Experience in telecommunications, two-way radio communications, public safety, emergency services and/or law enforcement.
- Current NAED Emergency Telecommunicator certification.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received before and or by September 1, 2022.