TITLE: Director of the Office of Research and Community Engagement
DEPARTMENT: College of Dental Medicine
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Associate Dean of Research and Community Engagement, this position will coordinate and administer several areas and activities within the College of Dental Medicine (CDM) Office of Research and Community Engagement. These activities include:
- Direct the research activities within the Office of Research and Community Engagement and with faculty members conducting research and scholarship activities.
- Direct the CDM community outreach activities and dental student rotations to community sites.
- Act as liaison for CDM with the CNU Director of Continuing Education to plan, implement, and track CDM continuing education programs.
Essential Functions: Research
- Work with the Associate Dean to develop research ideas and proposals.
- Work with the Associate Dean and the CNU Office of Sponsored Programs to apply for grant funding and assist faculty members in applying for grant funding.
- Track the research portfolio of the Office of Research and Community Engagement and of members of the faculty.
- Track income, expenses, prepare invoices, prepare reports, and perform other activities related to funded projects within CDM.
- Participate in grant program planning, training’s, development of grant related materials, tracking of deliverables, and other activities related to grant requirements.
- Work with the Associate Dean to track research and scholarship activities within the Office of Research and Community Engagement and with other members the faculty for the purposes of reporting to the University, accreditation agencies, and other reporting needs.
- Work with the Associate Dean to schedule and hold meetings of the CNU Research Committee. Take and collect minutes and develop reports of current and future.
Essential Functions: Community Outreach
- Work with the Associate Dean to design and plan community outreach activities.
- Work with the Associate Dean to contact potential student rotation sites, schedule meetings, and develop agreements for student rotations.
- Develop documentation, student manuals, student tracking systems, related to student rotations to community sites.
- Publish and update annually a student rotation guide and manual that describes the rotation sites and procedures and requirements for students and faculty preceptors at these sites.
- Plan and facilitate ongoing communication and training and calibration sessions for preceptors at community sites.
- Schedule student rotations, track student attendance, collect attendance and performance information, and develop reports about these activities.
Essential Functions: CNU Continuing Education Programs
- Work with the Associate Dean and the CNU Director of Continuing Education to act as interface between CNU administration and faculty and the CNU Director of Continuing Education to plan CDM continuing education programs.
- Work with CDM administrators, faculty, and staff to obtain information needed by the CNU Director of Continuing Education for tracking and certification of CNU continuing education programs.
- Work with CDM administrators, faculty, staff and the CNU Director of Continuing Education to advertise, arrange, and put on CDM continuing education programs.
- Track attendance, requirements, and completion of attendees at CDM continuing education programs and work with the CNU Director of Continuing Education to see that attendees are awarded appropriate continuing education credits.
- Experience in Public Health programs.
- Experience in administering community-based programs
- Experience planning and administering continuing education programs
- Experience tracking and managing program grant budgets
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff, students and outside contacts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in teleconferencing programs (Zoom, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional continuing education process and regulations
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Management Systems (Canvas)
5+ years managing professional continuing education programs and delivering training programs online and in person to dental professionals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred, MPH preferred
- Position is full time.
- Position requires travel to community locations using the individual’s personal vehicle for local meetings or trainings.
- Position requires occasional travel to sites out of the local area for meetings, trainings, and other events that require plane travel and overnight hotel stays.
- Hours are generally 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM on weekdays, but there may be occasional evening or weekend meetings, trainings, and other activities.