To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.Kirkwood Community College welcomes applicants for this position all year. Your application will be considered each time we have an opening in the subject area listed. This position can be flexible around your availability. Classes are typically scheduled during the evenings and may run for several weeks.
The pay rate is variable dependent upon the assignment. GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited direction, the Simulation Technician will perform as a member of the healthcare education team in preparing for, delivering, and resetting healthcare simulations for Kirkwood Community College credit and non-credit courses and programs. UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Operate audio-visual equipment.
- Operate medical equipment.
- Operate manikins and simulation equipment.
- Restock rooms and clean simulation equipment after each scenario session.
- Ensure that simulators, computers, and AV equipment are ready and in working order for Simulation Center staff and other Kirkwood Faculty.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed during simulation sessions.
- Perform light cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with Simulation Facilitator to develop, implement and integrate simulation scenarios, education and technology into KCC credit and non-credit heath science programs- including some Saturday sessions.
- Assists Simulation Facilitator with developing and implementing simulation scenarios, technology and solutions for healthcare business clients.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Associate's degree in healthcare-related field preferred.
- Experience with technology.
- Healthcare certification or license (Nurse, EMT, CNA, Medical Assistant).
- At least one year of experience in an educational setting and familiarity with agencies and boards of agencies preferred.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected]
or the director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: [email protected]