Assistant/Associate Professor Education Innovation Institute: Learning Experiences Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
* No job description availableJob Information Job ID:238109Position # 20009070 The Medical College of Georgia (MCG) is seeking a faculty member to serve as the foundational expert and lead researcher in the development and design efforts for an ongoing redesign and improvement of the medical school curriculum. The Assistant or Associate Professor will support MCG in the development and continuous improvement of the curriculum and promotes learning focused pedagogical approaches, the effective integration of instructional technologies, innovative pedagogies, and research into the same. The Assistant or Associate Professor will leverage learning theories in implementing best practices in instructional design to assist administrators, faculty, and other stakeholders in implementing appropriate strategies for achieving and measuring student learning outcomes.The Assistant or Associate Professor provide complex developmental, educational, and consultative services to MCG administrators and course directors. They will work independently on some projects with broad implications and consequence. The person in this position will research innovative and evidence-based practices used at MCG and collect, analyze, and use data to support instructors in the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality curriculum and instructional design, and publish results as appropriate.Responsibilities The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Informs curriculum development, evaluation, and revision initiatives.
- Participates on committees or within collaborative teams that provide leadership and direction for enhancing teaching and learning.
- Assists in internal and external curriculum mapping projects.
- Provides oversight to multiple and concurrent projects and tasks assigned to them.
- Reports and publishes theory driven research related to curriculum and instructional revision initiatives
- Faculty Upskilling:
- Serves as a consultant to and collaborates with faculty on student learning objectives, longitudinal assessments, instructional strategies, course observations and evaluation. Strategic use of the learning management system, and the integration of educational technologies.
- Teaches faculty and faculty leaders in learning sciences and the evidence behind effective teaching and learning practices.
- Provides service to Augusta University, MCG, and/or professional bodies by serving on committees and undertaking other tasks related to the mission and good governance of the institutions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Doctoral degree in curriculum design, instructional design, educational technology, or related fields with a minimum of 3 years' experience supporting the implementation of evidence-based teaching and learning strategies
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of methodologies, best practices, learning theories, and curriculum design models in education, including but not limited to:
- Classical instructional design models (e.g., ADDIE)
- Universal design for learning and self-directed learning
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Knowledge of the broad landscape of teaching, learning, research, information/digital literacy, and scholarship in higher education
- Familiarity with Agile product development
- Excellent organizational and project management skills - preferably experience in advanced project management
- Ability to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities, showing initiative and flexibility
- Ability to communicate and work successfully with all stakeholders including faculty, departments, and administrators with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated commitment to and skill in teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complete work in required timelines
- Seeks alternative approaches and solutions to challenges
- Knowledge of learning management systems (e.g. Canvas, D2L, Moodle, Blackboard)
- Computer and database proficiency
Shift/Salary Academic rank, tenure status and salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
How To Apply To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.