Since 2013, CareerFoundry has redefined human-centered online education. With personalized instruction from helpful, engaged experts, we provide career changers from every corner of the world with access to life-changing tech career opportunities. Day after day, we show our students that you don’t have to be in a classroom to participate in a nurturing, student-centered learning environment. No one is more critical to creating this environment than our freelance instructors.
Do you want to be a part of this community? Apply to be a Freelance Career Specialist!
With this role, it's not just about knowledge of the job market and resumes. It's also about being a trustworthy partner, a guide, someone to support our students with the challenges and rewards of their career change.
As a Career Specialist, you would be asked to:
- Provide written evaluations of student assignments using our rubrics as a guideline
- Motivate and encourage students and graduates with clear written and video feedback
- Respond to student submissions within 48 business hours
- Provide ongoing support for our students and graduates along with actionable advice on their job search strategy
- Utilize our many training resources to gain expertise on the tech industry and best practices during the job search process
What skills and background do you need to have?
- Experience with career coaching, career placement and/or recruitment
- Alternatively, experience working in education, particularly providing constructive feedback on written work
- Lived industry experience (i.e. as a UX/UI designer, Web Developer, Data Analyst) is useful if you have experience evaluating work and providing constructive feedback to junior staff
- Excellent understanding of the job market and hiring requirements for technical talent;
- Empathy and the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Comfortable using a variety of online platforms and working in a remote environment
- Native-level English speaker, excellent written and verbal communication
- Certificate in career coaching, resume writing, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- A fully remote position with flexible working hours (minimum availability 10 hrs / week)
- You decide how many students you work with - set your own caseload limit.
- Work with an organisation that is human-centered - we will work with you to accommodate needs such as parental leave, disability, physical and mental illness.
- Networking in our Slack community of freelance career specialists
- Mentorship from experienced career specialists in our Core Team and benefit from ongoing professional development
For enquiries, please reach out to us at [email protected]
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. We encourage in particular BiPoC, Migrants, people from under-represented communities, people who identify as queer, trans and/ or intersex, people with chronic illnesses, and people with disabilities to apply!
Updated, 17 January 2022