(RN) Registered Nurse Educational Specialist, Nurse Aide Program
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Harrisburg, PA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Health & Medical Services, Technology, Analysts & Programming
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Title: (RN) Registered Nurse Educational Specialist, Nurse Aide Program
Job no: 493239
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Hiring Range: $53,964 - $68,804
This position will be open until filled.
This position is required to be face to face, in-person, full time. The facilities this position will serve will be mainly located in York and Harrisburg requiring travel to these regions, but can be required to travel to any facilities related to any campus.
Responsible for the instructional delivery of assigned educational program(s). Monitors the overall operations including development, implementation, and evaluation of various assigned programs and makes revisions as required. Possesses the ability to teach program content. Ensures alignment of classes and programs with HACC's Strategic Plan and compliance with Middle State Standards.
Registered nurse diploma
Degree and 5 years experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job*.
*Two years experience as a Registered Nurse and
*One year experience employed by a licensed nursing home in a role that requires a Registered Nurse license
Current and unrestricted Pennsylvania registered nurse license
Please note that this position is required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $53,964 - $68,804
- Previous experience teaching a Pennsylvania Department of Education-approved nurse aide training program.
- Has successfully completed the Penn State Train-the-Educator course which is required by the PDE to teach the nurse aide program.
Job Specific Task List:
- Instructs students in assigned area; selects, develops, and delivers curriculum, including lectures, discussion, quizzes, and exams to meet established guidelines. - (Essential)
- Reviews curricula to ensure compliance with industry standards and/or accrediting bodies and makes necessary revisions. - (Essential)
- Monitors proper use and care of equipment during training. - (Essential)
- Develops, implements, and manages curricula regardless of delivery mode. - (Essential)
- Assists program coordinator with operations of the skills training programs, as necessary. - (Essential)
- College-related travel is required, as necessary. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jan 10, 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Become part of a rich tradition of excellence and a community of people who are creating opportunities andb transforming lives to shape the future —TOGETHER!
We recognize that excellence in the performance of the college requires excellence in the performance of its people.
At HACC, you will find:
• Commitment to our students and our community
• Quality accredited programs and services
• Dedicated colleagues
• Exceptional online course off erings
• Beautiful campuses
On February 14, 1964, HACC became the first community college in Pennsylvania. We welcomed our first class of 426 students on September 21 of the same year.
Our mission is to "provide educational and cultural opportunities to the community we serve." HACC has become one of the largest undergraduate colleges in PA. We have nearly 20,000 students enrolling in credit programs and courses each semester.
Today, HACC is proud to offer:
- Well-equipped laboratories and studios
- Modern, well-maintained campuses
- Quality programs and services
HACC's reputation reflects the quality and dedication of our faculty and staff. We are committed to meeting the needs of the communities and students we serve.
Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert