Program Director, Undergraduate NursingSouth University Orlando, FL, 4901 Vineland Road, Orlando, Florida, United States of AmericaReq #1356 Tuesday, March 22, 2022 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu
today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become
, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Program Director is a member of the faculty (rank commensurate with experience) who also holds an administrative appointment related to managing a specific program or programs. Responsibilities include: classroom instruction, day-to-day program operations, assisting students toward successful term-by-term progression and graduation, partnering with Campus leadership and the admissions, academic support and financial aid staff to generate a prospective student pool, partnering with the Dean of Academic Affairs and Retention to maintain program viability, and staffing the classroom with instructors who support the Mission of the University and provide a high-quality learning experience for the student. The Program Director engages in professional associations, businesses and the local community as necessary to promote the visibility and stature of the program(s). The Program Director abides by the mandates set by the South University Board of Trustees, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs, the Campus President or Director, and the Campus Executive Committee.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Perform instructional duties as assigned as outlined in the Faculty job description and in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Select and develop a Program Advisory Council(PAC)that meets at least twice per year.
- Participate in faculty development each year as required.
- Select, train, develop, manage, and lead regular and adjunct faculty according to the guidelines provided by the Campus Director/Dean of Academic Affairs, the Department Chair and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University/Campus.
- Partner with the campus leadership (President, Director and/or Dean) to generate a strategic enrollment plan for the program.
- In partnership with campus leadership, develop and support a plan for outreach activities to generate a prospective student pool sufficient to sustain and grow the program, consistent with the strategic enrollment plan.
- Collaborate with academic counsellors and admissions, financial aid and student services personnel to assist with enrolling qualified students.
- Effectively administer and grow the program(s) including curriculum development, program assessment, student registration/advisement, and community and campus relations.
- Support and execute as needed University initiatives designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the University’s strategic planning.
- Collaborate with the Campus Director or Director of Academic Affairs and Operations (DOAAO) and fellow Directors and with the Department Chair concerning: scheduling, sharing faculty, curriculum and other issues to support student learning and facilitate efficient resource use.
- Notify the College Dean and Campus Director/DOAAO of any expected or unexpected substantive change within the program and of any change in institutional accreditation status or legal authority to provide post secondary education.
- Facilitate the submission of required programmatic reports and documentation, including graduation rates, performance on state licensing or certification examinations and employment rates.
- Support College-level initiatives and directives to maintain compliance with accreditation and state regulatory criteria and adhere to all University and campus policies and procedures. In the absence of a Department Chair, partner with the College Dean to oversee accreditation activities on his/her campus which are normally handled by the Department Chair.
- Participate in program-related Campus events as indicated, including New Student Orientation, Pinning or other ceremonies, graduations, etc.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Campus Dean of Academic Affairs or Campus Director, and or Campus Director, and Department Chair/College Dean.
- A minimum of two years successful performance in a full-time university-level teaching role and prior management experience in higher education or in another organization within the program director’s discipline.
- PhD (or other appropriate terminal degree) from a regionally accredited university required.
- Must hold an active state required nursing license.
- Must hold FNP certificate.
- Online teaching experience is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, university leaders, and public groups.
- Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Other requirements specific to the discipline.
The individual must be able to travel out of the local area with an occasional overnight stay to participate in a variety of conferences and meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video of conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsPay TypeSalaryRequired EducationDoctorate Apply Now
- South University Orlando, FL, 4901 Vineland Road, Orlando, Florida, United States of America
Share this job: