Course Facilitator, Undergraduate Program in Neuroscience Tracking Code2813Job Description
The Undergraduate Program in Neuroscience at Boston University is looking to hire a Course Facilitator. The Course Facilitator will assist the instructor of NE 204 (Introduction to Computational Models of Brain and Behavior) by leading four discussion sections. This course serves as an introduction to important concepts in cognitive neuroscience and computational modeling of biological neural systems for students in BU’s Neuroscience major. It combines a systems-level overview of brain function with an introduction to modeling of brain and behavior using neural networks. Working closely with the course instructor, the Course Facilitator will:
- Lead four in-person, 50-minute discussion sections, all held on Fridays between 11:15 am and 3:20 pm, with the first classes held on Friday 1/28/22;
- Answer student questions regarding the course's content and assist students with homework assignments, practice problems, and coding;
- Hold two additional open office hours per week;
- Coordinate with the course instructor to prepare for weekly class sessions and provide feedback on student performance; and
- Assist the course instructor with assignment preparation and grading.
This is a part-time position for the Spring 2022 semester, which has an end date of 5/31/22. The position has an expected commitment of 20 hours per week.
- B.A./B.S. in neuroscience, biology, psychology, or relevant quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science).
- Familiarity with basic principles of computational neuroscience, learned via undergraduate or graduate coursework, research experience, and/or work experience.
- Basic computer programming skills.
- Experience teaching, mentoring, and/or tutoring undergraduate students.
- Working knowledge of coding in Python.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY CAREERS WEBSITE.
Applicants should submit a short cover letter, a CV, and two letters of reference. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Submit to https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/20919. Please direct email queries to the Director of the Undergraduate Program in Neuroscience, Dr. Mario Muscedere, at [email protected]
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular