Operations Manager, Career Services
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Operations Manager, Career ServicesJob Profile Title
Business Administrator CJob Description Summary
The Career Services Operations Manager provides administrative support to the entire Career Services team of 31 individuals and plays an integral role in ensuring efficient operations for the department. The Manager is responsible for administering a 3.6+M budget including forecasting and procurement, overseeing human resources and payroll processes, coordinating facilities use and improvement, and executing a variety of departmental events.Job Description
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager provides administrative support to the entire Career Services team. The Manager meets regularly with and takes guidance from the Executive Director to ensure that the Department is operating efficiently and effectively, assists with preparation and administration of $3.6+M budget, tracks revenues and expenditures, and provides an instrumental voice in determining the overall direction of the office. The Manager serves as a liaison between Career Services and Human Resources, assisting with hiring and onboarding of new employees and completing business processes in the Workday system. The individual hired will supervise the Operations Coordinator, provide dotted line supervisory support to five additional Administrative Coordinators, as well as manage administrative processes and coverage for multiple reception areas within the department. The Manager processes payroll for over 60 staff members (including student workers), initiates purchases and negotiates with vendors, and plays an integral role in disbursing over $500K in summer funding awards to Penn students. The Manager works closely with personnel outside of Career Services in coordinating facilities, managing shared space, and planning improvements/renovations as needed. The individual will plan and coordinate office events and work closely with caterers and other vendors.Qualifications:
A Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. High level of organizational and communications skills needed as well as an interest in process improvement and the ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and set goals. Knowledge of budget preparation/management helpful with Excel experience required. Experience with Penn financial and human resource systems (such as BEN Financials, Concur, and Workday) preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn new systems quickly required. Must be adept at working with individuals at all levels, within and outside the University. Ability to supervise, motivate and coordinate employees necessary. Experience with facilities issues and in managing events needed. The position requires a high degree of confidentiality, flexibility, and a positive and collaborative attitude.Budgeted Pay Range:
$68,000 - $72,000 annually, commensurate with education and experienceApplication Requirement:
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Student ServicesPay Range
$50,684.00 - $77,716.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/McNeil-Building/Operations-Manager--Career-Services_JR00046086-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency