Search #: 495956JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Biomedical Engineering Department in the School of Engineering seeks applicants for a full-time Administrative Program Support 1 position to support the administrative, educational and financial functions in the department and program. Under the direction of the Department Head, the incumbent will join a team of professional staff providing service to the department. Responsibilities will include processing and maintaining purchasing, travel, payroll and other financial records, supporting the graduate program activities, and supporting educational events. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and support office administrative duties, including the processing of administrative, financial, and personnel paperwork, searches, and visas.
- Process TA/RA payroll.
- Support the program’s graduate educational activities.
- Schedule seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, and day-to-day travel for the department and process reimbursements.
- Compile data and prepare statistical reports used to monitor or assess department activities, programs, and services or project future needs.
- Coordinate a variety of data processing functions central to the department's needs.
- Assemble and interpret data, prepare administrative reports and handle correspondence for the program director and department head.
- Assist with diverse financial tasks, such as travel reimbursements, and orders; monitor expenditures.
- Review records and data for accuracy, reconcile differences, and work with other staff and university offices to identify errors and make corrections.
- Monitor office supply inventory and coordinate maintenance for office equipment.
- Maintain records and prepare necessary reports.
- Provide general office support, including answering the phone, responding to inquiries, and directing calls.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Associate’s degree.
- At least two years of related experience.
- Experience with financial transactions such as bookkeeping, travel reimbursements, and/or ordering.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication, organizational, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
This is a full-time permanent position. The University offers a full range of health/retirement benefits and tuition reimbursement. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495956 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 28, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 07 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 28 2022 Eastern Standard Time