Requisition Number:36002Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:26-Jan-2022Date Posted:07-Jan-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe Senior Audiovisual Design Engineer
's role is to provide audiovisual design and consulting services for all our AV systems. This is a truly senior role for a design professional with the breadth of experience to contribute to and enhance our AV design process. In this role you will be an owner advocate, ensuring that AV designs are meeting unit business requirements and that AV designs and practices align with campus direction and standards. This position actively participates in the design process for multiple, concurrent projects while ensuring the efficiency, accuracy, and quality of our design work.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreVision:
- The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be valued by campus as a strategic, inclusive and innovative partner in advancing learning and discovery in order to enable CU Boulder to be a premier public university.
- OIT enables campus priorities by providing high-value IT services and solutions.
- Trust, as a foundation for how we engage with one another and with campus partners, along with
- Avid curiosity in how to better support the campus and our stakeholder’s while
- Fostering empowerment and authentic engagement among ourselves and
- Celebrating inclusivity that promotes a sense of belonging while acknowledging that each person is unique and valued.
- OIT will advance learning and discovery by delivering high-value reliable IT services and solutions that:
- Provide a fluid and adaptable academic and student experience
- Enable research competitiveness and
- Deliver core infrastructure and enterprise IT services for business effectiveness.
Based on our departmental goals and our commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence, OIT particularly welcomes applications from candidates whose knowledge, skills, and abilities, and desire to contribute to an inclusive campus environment, will help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.Learning Spaces Technologies
(LST) is a dynamic part of OIT, providing a wide variety of AV services across campus, including over 300 technology-equipped classrooms and lecture halls, computing labs, video conferencing, and lecture recording solutions.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeAudiovisual Design Engineer:
Owner Advocacy in Audiovisual Design and Engineering:
- Provide both conceptual and functional designs for new and existing audiovisual installations that meet audiovisual business requirements. Create and document standards used for OIT managed spaces and other campus facilities. Create and maintain a document database that reflects audiovisual infrastructure across all projects.
- Develop high-quality audiovisual infrastructure, construction, and systems signal flow drawings with sufficient detail to inform integrators/technicians. Review submissions of shop drawings from contractors, consultants, and/or manufacturers; coordinate with project stakeholders regarding revisions or proposed changes.
Audiovisual System Engineer:
- Provide owner advocacy for audiovisual design and engineering in the area of capital construction and departmental projects. Collaborate with project stakeholders to determine functional requirements and ensure mutual comprehension of proposed systems. Represent the owner in project meetings with architects, contractors and other campus entities, ensuring that unit business requirements are met and that practices align with campus direction and standards. This position works closely with the department of Facilities Management's Planning, Design and Construction Office.
Evaluate New Technologies, Identify Emerging Standards:
- Provide campus consulting role for audio/control systems within new and existing spaces. Coordinate and finalize the implementation, programming and balancing of installed audio systems in new and existing campus spaces. Provide programming or assistance with the programming of audiovisual solutions that have control systems designed to operate their multimedia equipment.
- Provide oversight of AV system installation and perform system commissioning of OIT-LST AV integration projects. Perform site walk-through visits and system testing to ensure adherence to standards, functional requirements, procedures and best practices of infrastructure and systems.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies relating to audiovisual, multimedia, academic technology and classroom solutions that may provide value to the campus, or serve to fulfill academic and instructional technology objectives and strategies. Consult with faculty and other campus constituents to help determine emerging academic technology needs, bringing a future perspective of technology.
What You Should Know
- This position allows for some remote work as design responsibilities allow.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
- Annual salary range for this position is $90,000 to $98,000. This position is eligible for an allowance against actual relocation expenses.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe collaborative. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution. A combination of education and experience in the design and implementation of complex audiovisual systems may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 3 years of experience in the design of audiovisual systems, including projection and display; sound and speech reinforcement; audio and video conferencing; analog and digital signal processing, distribution and routing; control systems.
What You Will Need
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Works equally well as an individual contributor or team member.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude in a fast-paced and occasionally high-pressure environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Detailed knowledge of audiovisual architectural requirements including but not limited to: sightline studies; structural support requirements; cabling pathways; power and grounding.
- Expertise in software tools used to create engineering drawings, such as AutoCAD LT-2008 or later or Microsoft Visio.
- Proven ability to take customer business requirements and translate them into architectural drawings/schematics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 or later, including Word, Excel & Outlook, and Microsoft Visio.
- General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services, hardware, infrastructure and system architecture (IP; LAN; WAN; Routers; Switchers; Hubs; Wireless Access Points).
- CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I, CVE 2.0, EST-L2 or additional industry-related certifications.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by January 26, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]