Job no: 519872
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:34010301 - DN-CLINIC ADMINISTRATION
Dental Assistant II
The College of Dentistry is recruiting a Dental Assistant II. This position will provide dental assistance, administrative support, deliver high-quality student dentist education, and patient care. Clinical Care Groups are critical to the UFCD TEAM Program & Screening Clinic. This position is “Patient-Centered & Student Friendly”, with an overall goal to incorporate the UFCD mission to deliver quality student dentist education and patient care. This position requires well-developed general dentistry chairside assisting skills, computer application skills (Outlook, axiUm, Excel, Word, and Windows OS), and positive people skills.
Specific duties include:
- Provide clinical general dentistry chairside assisting to student dentists.
- Maintain optimal clinic infection control standards (EFDA and Radiology included) under a licensed dentist’s indirect supervision, place/expose dental radiographs, place matrix retainers, place mediciments in preparations, fabricate/deliver provisional restorations, monitor the delivery of nitrous oxide sedations, take/record vital signs, polish clinical crowns, and deliver topical fluoride treatments. Help guide/teach pre-doctoral dental students as they develop these skills.
- Maintain optimal working order of clinic equipment.
- Interact effectively with Dental Maintenance to insure clinic is ready for use by student dentists on a daily basis.
- Manage infection control survey on a daily basis to ensure compliance with clinic cleanliness standards and correct deficiencies as they occur (e.g., clean chairs, counters, sinks, etc.).
- Provide reinforcement for infection control standards through leading by example, giving direction as needed to the students for proper adherence to infection control standards, and utilizing the Infection Control Variance forms as needed when the student dentist requires correction of his or her infection control practices.
- Assist Treatment/Screening appointment Coordinators and Team Leaders with morning huddles.
- Assist TEAMS with management of the daily clinic schedule to help make sure every clinic chair is filled with patients throughout the clinic session providing the patient with timely and appropriate care, and the student with clinical experiences.
- Actively participate, and provide feedback during Care Group meetings, and staff meetings.
- Assist Senior Clerk with management of inventory of clinical supplies for the screening clinic), maintain adequate stock of daily clinic supplies. Provide assistance as needed to the Clinical Care Groups with clinic inventory.
- Distribute survey forms, either UFCD or ADA related to patients, students, and/or faculty; Collect and process survey center; Collect data and prepare reports for UFCD Quality Assurance & Compliance (QA&C).
- Proctor Clinical Examinations (Mock Board Examinations) two times per year; Participate in Quality Assurance process of UFCD.
$16 - $18 per hour
The University of Florida offers low cost State Health plans, a number of Dental plans to fit you and your family’s needs, and Vision. Domestic partner coverage through GatorCare is also available. Optional plans such as life, disability, legal and accident insurance are also available.
Build your retirement roadmap with competitive pension plans, investment accounts and a host of voluntary add-ons, such as 457 deferred compensation and 403(b) plans.
UF provides a variety of leave programs including vacation, sick leave, 10 paid holidays, personal leave days, and family medical leave. TEAMS employees accrue approximately 22 vacation days annually, 13 sick days annually, and 4 personal leave days, typically used during the holiday closing period (accruals based on full time employment). UF also provides you the flexibility to deal with life’s challenges by offering paid family leave, eight full weeks of leave over a 24 month period.
UF Employees are also eligible for the GatorPerks discount program, which provides big savings at various business and retailers!
Explore UF’s plethora of benefit options here: TEAMS Benefits
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification: Expanded Functions Dental Auxiliary (EFDA) Certification demonstrating the successful completion of training as specified in Chapter 64B5-16, Florida Administrative Code.
- Dental Radiology certificate/permit
- Completion of formal training with a dental assisting program through a community college or vocational technology center.
- Two years of multi-practitioner Dental Practice experience
- Basic Life Support CPR certificate from American Heart Association
- Experience handling general office equipment to include, facsimile machine, computer, copier, calculator.
- Information technology skills operating a computer, and experience with Windows, and Microsoft Office (Word, Access and Excel).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s Preference. If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 02 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time