The Assistant Volleyball Coach reports to the Head Volleyball Coach in the coordination of day-to-day aspects of the program (practice and game preparation, recruiting, fundraising, video breakdown, camps, community involvement, and other duties as assigned.)
The Coordinator of the Wellness Center reports to the VP for Student Services and is responsible for the fitness center during assigned months and times, including managing student workers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Volleyball Duties (55% of job)
- Monitoring of student-athletes’ academic performance and athletic eligibility.
- Recruiting students to meet enrollment goals as determined annually by administration.
- Assist in the organization and planning of practice
- Game day preparation and management.
- Assist with any administrative duties as assigned
- Maintaining appropriate and positive professional media relations.
- Supervising student assistants for programs under the position’s direction/responsibility, in conjunction with the Head Coach.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with all rules & regulation of the NAIA and North Star Athletic Association.
- Assuming other duties as assigned by the College and/or Athletic Director and Head Coach.
- May be required to work Presentation College volleyball camps and clinics if offered (additional compensation may be paid for working these camps provided the amount is reasonable and proceeds from the camp are sufficient to cover expenses of the camp including the portion of camp proceeds payable to the college under the college’s athletic camps policy)
Coordinator of Wellness Center (45%) of job
- Is responsible for supervision of the Wellness Center including supervising all student workers
- Ensures that the fitness center is staffed during all open hours
- Ensures that users of the facility are authorized and maintains appropriate records of Wellness Center use.
- Provides orientation to faculty, staff, and students to the machines and weights in the Wellness Center.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and the physical premises of the Wellness Center
- Maintains schedule for the Wellness Center including athletic team workouts and hours open for the general population and communicates that schedule to the campus community
Education and Training
Master’s degree (or willingness to complete master’s) preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge and Experience
Prior college volleyball coaching or playing experience required.
Integrity and respect; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; leadership skills with ability to work effectively with all constituents.
Normal temperature working environment. Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment. Friendly, teamwork type of work environment. Normal amount of overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.