: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Jan 5, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Academic YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The Athletic Department at Dean College has an opening for a Head Coach of Women's Lacrosse and Assistant Women's Field Hockey coach This is a full-time, 10-month position.
The Head Coach for Lacrosse is responsible for all aspects of the Lacrosse program, such as teaching skill techniques, recruiting, budget management, and scheduling of opponents.
Head Women's Lacrosse Coach Essential Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
- Recruit student-athletes that align with the mission of the College.
- Instruct the Women's Lacrosse team members on both offensive and defensive tactics and strategies.
- Provide oversight of staff and team members as it relates to following all GNAC, NCAA and Dean College policies and regulations.
- Organize and schedule all team practice sessions.
- Promote, monitor, and facilitate student-athlete academic success.
- Schedule home and away contests with the approval of the Director of Athletics.
- Perform administrative tasks such as budget management, reconciliation of travel expenses, and the ordering of supplies and equipment for the women's basketball program.
- Represent Dean College and the Women's Lacrosse program in a professional manner.
- Must have planning, organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assistant Coach Women's Field Hockey Coach Essential Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist in the implementation of the sport training and instructional program under the direction of the head coach by providing sport skill instruction, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions, performing game-related duties, and motivating players to give their best efforts.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes effectively as assigned by and under the direction of the head coach.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the personal and academic development, as well as athletic progress, of student-athletes.
- Efficiently and effectively complete all assignments provided by the head coach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- Master's degree preferred;
- 2-3 years in coaching at the collegiate level;
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations;
- Valid driver's license in good standing required;
- Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to communicate with students, colleagues, and external constituents;
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
- Covid-19 Booster shot required
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.