Posted: January 5, 2022
Level: Management / Confidential (Professional 2)
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Job Posting #: CSCC 22-02
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on Friday, January 14, 2022
Location Gateway CC, New Haven/Housatonic CC, Bridgeport
CT State Community College Mission:
Connecticut State Community College (CT State) provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. The College supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, advances positive change for the students, communities, and industries it serves, and awards associates degrees and certificates.
CT State Community College Vision:
CT State will be recognized for exceptional student success, educational leadership, and transformative collaboration with business and industry, government, educational, and key stakeholders while advancing diverse opportunities for Connecticut’s citizens and communities.
CT State Community College Equity Statement:
The CSCU system commits to bold and disruptive change by actively identifying, naming, and dismantling structural racism, systemic poverty, and other barriers; establishing equitable and anti-racist policies and practices; and empowering students, faculty, staff, and administrators to advance racial, social, and economic justice. Our core collective responsibility is to continuously assess practices and policies and transform the world we live in by eliminating inequities.
Anticipated Start Date:
The HR Assistant for Recruitment, under the leadership of the Director of Recruitment & Talent Acquisition, is responsible for performing professional duties relating to human resources and administration of the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities (CSCU) recruitment and hiring strategies, procedures, and policies of non-represented Management/Confidential personnel, and unclassified and classified bargaining unit employees at the community colleges and CSCU System Office.
Incumbents must possess proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.)
Associate degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Public Administration, or related field, or two years towards a bachelor’s degree or equivalent coursework in a related specialized field.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Two (2) or more years prior experience in the principles, practices, and techniques of human resources or recruitment.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- Experience with online job application software.
- Experience with JobApps, CORE-CT.
- Experience working in higher education recruitment.
Example of Job Duties:
Under the direction of the Director of Recruitment & Talent Acquisition or other Administrator, the HR Assistant for Recruitment & Talent will assist in search administration for the Community Colleges and CSCU System Office by effective performance in these essential duties:
- Assists in developing and executing CSCU recruitment strategies to attract diverse applicant pools in meeting current/anticipated staffing needs.
- Assists in performing searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, internet recruiting resources including social media, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals across college campuses and the CSCU System Office.
- Assists in the review of employment applications on behalf of campus search committees in determining those applicants who meet minimum job qualifications including required licensing and/or certification credentials.
- Informs job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, work schedules, working conditions, and promotion opportunities; and liaisons with the Compensation, Benefits, and HR Admin COE in communicating appropriate compensation and benefits information.
- Schedules and assists college and System Office interview committees with candidate interviews.
- Schedules and assists colleges in conducting new employee orientation and on boarding in such areas as completion of required forms and explaining CSCU policies.
- Contacts job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Conducts reference checks and/or pre-employment background screenings on job applicants.
- Prepares and tracks procurement documents with third party vendors regarding recruitment, activities such as online job application and posting tools.
- Prepares CSCU internal and public job postings as appropriate.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description.
$52,685-$65,856 (midpoint) approximate annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits. Salary Range for this level is $52,685-$79,027.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Prior to extending an offer of employment, the finalists for state employment must prove that they (1 )are fully vaccinated against COVID-19; (2) have received the first dose and has either received a second dose or has an appointment for the second dose in a two-dose series vaccination, such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or has received a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; or (3) have applied for an exemption from this requirement because a physician, physician’s assistant, or advanced practice registered nurse has determined that the administration of COVID-19 vaccine is likely to be detrimental to their health, or the finalist objects to vaccination on the basis of a sincerely held religious or spiritual belief. Each application for an exemption will be considered on an individualized, case-by-case basis, and any applicant for an exemption must provide appropriate supporting documentation if requested. Executive Order
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion [email protected]
CSCC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F