Posted: December 8, 2021
Level: Administrator V (SUOAF)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Job Posting: BOR 21-29
Closing Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) on Wednesday January 19, 2022
Hartford area (location may vary)
Anticipated Start Date:
Responsible for managing contracting and procurement including, negotiation, preparation and contract oversight to ensure proper controls over contracting procedures for the CSCU System.
May supervise professional or para-professional positions.
Bachelor's degree or certification as a paralegal required. Five or more years' experience in business, purchasing and/or contract law and administration is required.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex and involved contracts.
- Assist and/or negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Experience in developing Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal statutes and procurement best practices.
- Ability to use computer and associated software.
- Considerable oral and written communication skills.
- Considerable interpersonal skills.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- Knowledge of basic principles of contract law including the ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Master's Degree or other type of advanced degree.
Example of Job Duties:
- Manage contractual and procurement activities for the CSCU System. This may include the development, review and oversight of requests for proposal, personal service agreements, memoranda of agreements, and various license agreements. This also includes assisting in the development, negotiation and finalization of vendor agreements, as well as monitoring contracts for compliance with State and Federal statutes, BOR policies, the Attorney General's guidelines, internal procedures, and contract terms and conditions.
- Provide contracting and procurement support to CSCU System and collaborates with the Attorney General's Office to ensure contract compliance.
- Make recommendations for the development and implementation of contract compliance and procurement policies and procedures, to insure sound fiscal management and compliance with state statutes.
- Manage the procurement bid process for the System Office, multi-institutions, and for system wide contracts including but not limited to IT contracts, grant contracts, auxiliary service contracts, licenses, lease agreements, and student insurance contracts.
- Review specifications for suitability, completeness and consistency; solicit and reviews competitive bids including but not limited to Request for Proposal's (RFP's), Request for Quotation (RFQ's) and Request for Information (RFI's).
- Act as the liaison to the Attorney General's Office, the Department of Administrative services and other state agencies as required for procurement contracting issues.
- Maintain, develop, and coordinate communication via the intranet, for forms, shared contracts, state forms and contracting and procurement information.
- Seek competitive sources for goods and services including participation in consortia arrangements with other state agencies and the federal government.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibilities of the position.
$78,742 - $122,474 annual plus excellent State of CT medical insurance, retirement, and related fringe benefits.
To apply you must submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of official college transcripts.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Prior to extending an offer of employment, the finalists for state employment must prove that they (1 )are fully vaccinated against COVID-19; (2) have received the first dose and has either received a second dose or has an appointment for the second dose in a two-dose series vaccination, such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or has received a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine; or (3) have applied for an exemption from this requirement because a physician, physician’s assistant, or advanced practice registered nurse has determined that the administration of COVID-19 vaccine is likely to be detrimental to their health, or the finalist objects to vaccination on the basis of a sincerely held religious or spiritual belief. Each application for an exemption will be considered on an individualized, case-by-case basis, and any applicant for an exemption must provide appropriate supporting documentation if requested. Executive Order
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion [email protected]
CSCU IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F