Title:Adjunct Faculty-Culinary Posted Date:01/06/2022 Job Category:Adjunct Faculty Department:Hotel, Culinary Arts & Tourism - HHCAT Position Status:Adjunct Position Summary:
• Provide instruction of Culinary courses in the HCAT Institute as directed by enrollments and as assigned by your supervisor on a semester basis.
• Prepare daily instructional lesson plans based upon agreed upon curriculum and instruct in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of the college.
• Instruct lectures and hands-on classes on campus, off campus or remotely to a standard consistent with the professional standards of Anne Arundel Community College.
• Ensure that a variety of technologies are incorporated into the delivery of assigned courses.
• Attend all departmental, divisional and assigned association’s meetings as requested.
• Must maintain appropriate industry certifications and actively participate in an approved professional development plan.
• Maintain professional and effective communications and mutually beneficial relationships with all departments in related program areas.
• Assess the learning outcomes listed in the course guide or syllabus of the class(s).
• Provide regular and constructive feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner.
• Evaluate and document student performance using established methods, rubrics, and criteria.
• File course grades consistently and with 100% accuracy.
• Associates degree and an executive level ACF certification or comparable industry certification or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Combination of hospitality, culinary, and or baking and pastry related education and industry experience required.
• Five years of related industry experience required.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision with attention to details and deadlines.
• Ability to teach at least TWO face-to-face, in-person classes per week.
• Familiarity with microcomputer applications such as word processing, data base management or industry specific point of sales systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Schedule will vary based on availability
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students, faculty, staff, governmental agencies, representatives of community and professional organizations and the public.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and to travel locally to accommodate the needs of the program.
Required Documents:Resume/Curriculum Vitae