Job no: 502360
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Senior Title IX and Equity Compliance Officer
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$39.90 per hour
Provide oversight, guidance, and campus direction to support the coordination and management of the College’s compliance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), while serving as:
· Title IX Coordinator
· ADA/504 Coordinator
· ADEA Coordinator
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations, institution-specific policies, practices, and procedures; identified best practices and trends in the field of education related to compliance responsibilities.
· Knowledge and understanding regarding the resolution of complaints, including informal resolution and formal investigation.
· Ability to listen, identify, elicit, and distill essential information needed to assess and resolve problems and issues.
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies, including students and employees.
· Ability to work independently.
· Exceptional writing skills, including strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to plan and organize work effectively to ensure its completion while promoting a team-oriented environment.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Master’s degree; at least five (5) years of professional human resources, legal, or related experience in the public or private sector managing employee/student complaints.
· Official transcripts are required.
· Experience interpreting and applying complex laws and regulations.
· Frequent travel within the College district is required. Must have valid Texas driver’s license for off-site travel.
· Ability to work outside normal 8:00a – 5:00p work hours, Monday – Friday, if necessary
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
· Experience in higher education compliance, employee relations or investigations,
· Experience conducting investigations of claims of discrimination and harassment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain grievance files, disposition reports, and other records regarding Title IX, ADA, Section 504 and ADEA compliance, as well as annual campus reports of the number and nature of filed complaints and the disposition of said complaints.
· Maintain professional qualification and certification through ongoing training and professional development.
· Ability to deliver training programs to all constituencies, build relationships and balance the multiple, interests of diverse stakeholders.
· Conduct prompt, equitable and impartial interviews with identified parties and administrative inquiries into compliance complaints; apply relevant policies and make determinations of relevance prior to initiating the investigative process; may serve as a Designated Administrator or Hearing Officer.
· Ensure that all parties involved in investigations understand the investigatory process, their rights, and responsibilities, and how to access other resources as necessary.
· Support leadership and provide direction for awareness and prevention training and activities to members of the Dallas College community.
· Develop and produce written communications, reports, emails, and guidance documents, with the ability to communicate information in a manner easily understood by diverse workgroups.
· Assist in the coordination, development, and implementation of campus –based awareness and strategic efforts aimed at the prevention of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct.
· Develop and disseminate educational materials, including brochures, posters, and web-based materials that inform members of the Dallas College community of Title IX rights, responsibilities, and resources, both within and external to campus premises.
· Confer with appropriate College departments to provide notice of formal complaint and investigation; determine the extent of an investigation; and provide reports as source of institutional record-keeping.
· In consultation with College Human Resources and Student Services, as may be applicable, make recommendations and coordinate appropriate interim and remedial measures; develop resolution for complex harassment and discrimination cases; provides advice to individuals about reporting options, processes, rights, and resources available at the College and in the community.
· As may be necessary, initiate, oversee, coordinate, and conduct investigations of reports of sexual misconduct and/or allegations of discrimination in the areas of oversight.
· Always maintains a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism due to access of sensitive information.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
1 Position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Support
1 Positions reports to the Senior Director of Talent (Human Resources)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 06 Jan 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 19 Jan 2022 11:55 PM Central Standard Time