Video Producer, Intercollegiate Athletics (5173U) - 29298
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Video Producer for our Creative Services unit.The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Video Producer for our Creative Services unit.
Cal Athletics is seeking applicants for the position of Video Producer for the Creative Services team. This position is responsible for producing video and graphical content and that highlight the athletic department and communicate information about the program on a variety of digital platforms.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: January 20, 2022.
Assists Associate Creative Director, Brand Creative & Digital Services in the development of content for the department's video channels - official athletic site, social media channels and Pac-12 Network. Video projects will be emphasized on story telling features and creative social media projects - e.g. promotions, animated GIFs. Other duties include producing features for boardshows and on occasion attending live events to work with board show teams and film b-roll for features.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of production processes and vendor requirements for a variety of products.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce videos that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Proficient with using video cameras to shoot footage as well as setting up equipment such as lighting or backdrops.
- Ability to edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with a variety of clients, support staff and vendors.
- Ability to accept feedback as part of the creative process and educate clients on design theory and/or using that feedback to make work stronger.
- Skills in collaboration to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Must maintain and/or ability to learn or ability to quickly learn current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pac-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Experience working in the sports industry.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent training or experience.
Salary & Benefits
This is a career, full-time, 40-hours per week, BYA (By Agreement) appointment, eligible for full UC benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=29298&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency