: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jan 5, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 49990Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Binghamton University is seeking candidates for a full time position as an Accounting Analyst for the Business Office. The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for performing account and ledger reconciliations, the revenue distribution process, maintaining the University Revenue Accounting System (URAS) and reporting quarterly financial data to SUNY. Strong reconciliation and problem solving skills are a must. The Accounting Analyst will be expected to work well across a diverse population, to interact collegially, and to maintain the highest standard of integrity and ethical behavior. The ideal candidate possesses flexibility, strong interpersonal skills and a quality education in accounting/finance.
- Prepare account reconciliations, post related adjustments, and investigate and resolve variances.
- Extract, analyze, and validate data from the Banner and SUNY financial systems and develop ad hoc reports.
- Setup Banner detail codes, monitor detail code activity and its impact in the general and subsidiary ledgers, and troubleshoot accounting errors.
- Record revenue adjustments, internal cash balance transfers, expenditure transfers, inter-agency transfers, and other periodic journal entries.
- Participate in process data testing as new financial system functionality is released.
- Advise end users regarding making account deposits within campus policy and understanding account activity using Business intelligence.
- Prepare financial reporting schedules including the campus trial balance, accounts receivable aging reports, allowance for doubtful accounts, and historical accounts receivable trending reports.
- Analyze research grant expenditure activity on a monthly basis and distribute reimbursement funds to the associated accounts.
- Provide accounting support for off-cycle reporting by reviewing financial information, interpreting data, and assembling backup documentation.
- Provide eCommerce support including creation and modification of marketplace sites.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Microsoft Office expertise and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Detail-oriented with a proven record of setting and meeting goals
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting, developing solutions and implementing the chosen solution
- Organization skills and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently; to use initiative and follow through to complete tasks in a timely manner
- SUNY experience in URAS reporting, Business intelligence, and FMS
- Ellucian Banner experience in Account Receivable and Finance
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 01/20/2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.