Academic Program Coordinator, Intermediate Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
This front office position will support the School of Nursing (SoN) through a wide range of administrative and communication tasks including a high level of contact with current and potential students as well as faculty, staff, and administration. This position performs a variety of advanced administrative tasks requiring initiative and independent judgment and will work independently under general direction. This position will be the primary administrative support for program growth, including logistics for new program development and current program expansion, for all NAU state-wide campuses. This position requires a broad knowledge of administrative functions and operations, and the ability to apply judgment and make decisions affecting function or procedures for which they are accountable.
Schedule of Classes - 20%
- Coordinate with the Nursing Director and other staff members to create and maintain the schedule of classes for all programs in the SoN in accordance with the NAU Registrar and SoN guidelines.
- Changes and updates schedule. Add faculty to courses and EC Pay System.
- Maintain working schedule document to align with the schedule in LOUIE.
Administrative Support – 50%
- Administrative support for Director, Associate Director, Operations Manager, and faculty. Liaison to faculty/staff, students, alumni, outside agencies and the public.
- Maintain calendars for classrooms and labs. Schedule and coordinate classes, meetings, and events.
- Meeting agendas and minutes.
- Provides administrative support for state-wide program growth including the Flagstaff Mountain, Yuma, Tucson, and North Valley campuses.
- Manage SoN email list serves, department directory in the NAU LDAP system, and phone and email directory for all the employees in Nursing, including distance sites.
- Assist Director with research, summaries, and analysis of information and compile data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information following general direction.
- Coordinate with University Marketing to create, update and maintain all SoN marketing materials, including web pages, for new and existing programs.
- Order and maintain SoN office supplies and track inventory.
- Track and record expenditures.
- Order all SoN name tags, business cards and door plates for faculty and staff.
- Generate and track correspondence for foundation donations.
- Order and maintain SoN textbook desk copies for faculty upon request.
Human Resources Liaison – 20%
- Serve as administrative support for the Nursing faculty search process by tracking and downloading applications, maintaining matrices, and organizing applicant materials.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews and itinerary items.
- Schedule meetings both departmental and campus wide.
- Coordinate candidate travel both internally and with the Finance Service
- Ensure proper documentation is kept in accordance with University and SON policies.
- Coordinating with service teams to recruit student workers.
- Interviewing, hiring, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating student workers, as well as collect and assign job functions.
- Tracks and approves student time sheets following university standards and timelines.
- Offboarding of student workers at semester end.
- Responsible for onboarding of new FT and PT faculty, staff, and student workers.
Building Manager – 10%
- Act as Secondary Building Manager, Flagstaff
- Submit and track work orders for Facility Services requests (electrical, custodial, HVAC, general maintenance, keys, etc.)
- Submit and track all ITS and Telecommunications work orders
- Maintain and track all departmental keys
- Ensure the lock up of building at the end of the workday (5pm).
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, guidelines, and procedures related to program area.
- Knowledge of budgeting and account reconciliation principles.
- Knowledge of organizational practices and principles.
- Program coordination and execution.
- Coordination of activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Works independently.
- Exercises good judgement and professionalism.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $41,421. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
Applications received by January 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.