Job location: Main Campus, Joliet, IL Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Human Resources Assistant
The Student Employee – HR Assistant position will support the Human Resources department with reception coverage, filing and recurring special projects as needed.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Human Resources Assistant
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
DIVISION: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director, Human Resources
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $12.00 per hour
(Position is FWS Eligible)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide administrative support to the HR Staff including answering phones, monitoring HR inbox email, scanning, record retention.
2. Assist with recurring and special projects as assigned including researching,
employee/applicant outreach, and compiling data/reports.
3. Provide coverage for front desk.
4. Welcome visitors to the department and direct requests for assistance to the
5. Represent the Human Resources department in a friendly and professional manner.
1. Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0.
2. Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
3. Excellent customer service skills and professionalism.
4. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Must be able to work in a confidential setting with the ability to keep information confidential.
6. Data entry skills with special attention to detail.
7. Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) program skills (Familiarity with Workday a plus).
8. Ability to operate office equipment (printer, copy/fax machine, scanner).
9. Pursuing a degree or course work in Human Resources, Business or related
Normal office physical demands
Approximately 20 hours per week; flexible between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. On-campus work assignment (main campus).
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):