Search #: 495968
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Marketing and Communication
Reporting to the Associate Director for Communications, the Digital Communications Manager (Publicity/Marketing Coordinator) will oversee web and digital content projects for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), UConn’s largest and broadest college. The Digital Communications Manager will work with academic groups to develop content and strategies using the College’s core messages and the University’s brand guidelines. This position will also work closely with various colleagues around the University, including information technology specialists and central marketing professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Manage long-term projects assisting CLAS departments with the development and production of websites, including writing content, developing site architecture, and applying marketing best practices.
- Write and edit accessible, concise, and engaging content.
- Develop and use a deep understanding of the College and the University’s messages, visual brand, tone, and voice, and maintain consistency and excellence across platforms.
- Train staff members in CLAS departments on best practices.
- Consult with and advise faculty and staff from CLAS departments on web content strategy to meet department, College, and University goals.
- Utilize web analytics to benchmark and assess success of projects and present results to College leadership.
- Work on collaborative projects with University and UConn Foundation colleagues to raise the profile of UConn and its academic successes.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, humanities, digital media, or related field
- Two to three years of experience in communications, marketing, or related area
- Demonstrated exceptional and versatile written communication skills, and the ability to translate complex topics into accessible writing for diverse audiences
- Experience developing and managing websites using content management systems such as WordPress
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices for digital content
- Experience with website analytics tools
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar photo editing tools
- Experience leading and managing several complex projects at once while holding collaborators accountable to deadlines
- An advanced degree in a related field
- Experience working in higher education
- Ability to produce quality digital photography
- Experience with email marketing and customer relationship management platforms
- A demonstrated appreciation for the mission of a liberal arts educational institution
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidates' background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495968 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 3, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 04 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 03 2022 Eastern Standard Time