Search #: 495977JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The University of Connecticut (UConn) is proud to be a national “Top 20” public research institution. Our people are our most important asset in our continued pursuit of excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities throughout the University, but also an enriching work environment.
Under the general direction of the designated administrator, this position reviews, audits, and processes all transactions described within University Policies, Travel policy, and other related University policies; facilitates the workflow and the processing of administrative paperwork and financial transactions. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, make swift and informed decisions regarding routine matters and situations and be able to collaboratively work with members of the Accounts Payable/Reimbursement team, the University community, and University Suppliers. This position has a customer service focus and in addition, will also be responsible for carrying out special projects as assigned.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Audits records related to travel expenses, reimbursement, and supplier payments in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures; reviews correspondence, records, and other documents for appropriate action; identifies and follows up to resolve problems.
- Reviews records and data for accuracy, reconciles differences, and works with other staff and University offices to identify errors and make corrections.
- Composes correspondence and other documents; communicates authoritative information and serves as a resource regarding policies and procedures, with the responsibility to stay abreast of changes to University Policies and interpret such policies and procedures. Communicates with other University offices and/or outside agencies to provide education and outreach, request information, or provide information. Assists with training for University faculty and staff regarding changes in policy and procedures. Is involved in presentations such as the F.I.T program and develops training materials as needed.
- Responds to requests for information and provides assistance in solving a variety of problems, based on knowledge of the policies, procedures, practices, and past experience. Investigates and/or researches matters in order to resolve issues, only referring unusual or complex issues to the supervisor. Prepares narrative and informational reports, as needed or requested; compiles and organizes information from various systems, requiring an understanding of data sources.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service; assists departments, vendors, and suppliers with questions, issues, administrative and fiscal procedures, and policies, making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Is responsible for carrying out special projects requiring planning, organizing, and coordinating work activities and the work of others, as assigned; participates in planning and decisions regarding new or changed procedures and process improvement initiatives.
- Six years of accounting, finance, or business operations experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience and accounting, finance, or business operations experience.
- Knowledge of reconciliation methods in order to perform A/P functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good organization skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Ability to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business operations, or a related field.
- Experience processing payments, travel reimbursements, and/or other travel and accounts payable experience.
- Knowledge of basic auditing.
- Experience with project management and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience using software, such as Concur & Jaggaer.
- Knowledge of Kuali Financial Systems.
- Strong audit, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495977 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on April 18, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Apr 04 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 18 2022 Eastern Daylight Time