Senior Associate Registrar for Systems
The Senior Associate Registrar for Systems is the lead data administrator responsible for providing access to and ensuring the integrity of student academic data. Serving as the lead student data steward, the Senior Associate Registrar for Systems manages and maintains academic data applications including DegreeWorks, PowerBi reports, and the National Student Clearinghouse. Responsibilities also include leading, and troubleshooting as necessary, all student information system upgrades in collaboration with ITS.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
· Serves as leading student academic records data expert for the Institution. Develops systems, protocols, and reports to ensure integrity of student academic records data in student information system of record.
· Designs, implements, and maintains DegreeWorks degree audit software by establishing and executing implementation strategies, scribing requirements, testing, and performing timely upgrades as needed. Ensures accuracy and adherence to academic policy to sustain institutional retention and graduation outcomes. Directs the work of the Associate Registrar as it relates to DegreeWorks. Collaborates with academic departments and Schools to record new major and degree requirements, or makes updates to existing requirements, and orients faculty and staff in the use of the tool.
· Provides access to student academic records data through queries and reports, in collaboration with ITS. Monitors, assigns, and approves direct access to data and reports as appropriate by functional role and in accordance with federal regulations (FERPA).
· Executes accurate and timely submissions of enrollment and degree data to the National Student Clearinghouse for the College and the Schools. Complies with federal financial aid regulations for enrollment reporting and stays informed of all changes to ensure enrollment data is transmitted in accordance with regulations for continued eligibility for federal aid programs. Troubleshoots data issues as they arise in transit to and within the National Student Clearinghouse database. Establishes and oversees data entry procedures for student status changes that are in compliance with federal regulations and institutional standards.
· Designs and implements test plans for student information systems upgrades. Identifies new functionality and assesses its impact and potential for improved business operations and/or user experience across user groups, and makes recommendations for implementation to the registrar. Troubleshoots issues that arise from testing and coordinates solutions with ITS in a way that is minimally disruptive and ensures continuous operation of critical business systems and processes. · Manages technology projects related to student academic records functions. Serves as liaison between the Office of the Registrar and ITS and represents the Office of the Registrar at related meetings.
· Participates in projects on campus-wide business process improvement initiatives
· Early morning, evening, and weekend work required during peak times and for systems upgrades.· Collaborate with colleagues in the Records Office at the Middlebury Institute to ensure data congruity and integration.· Participates in seasonal office activities and projects as needed, and performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or post graduate degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Experience with DegreeWorks, SQL, HTML, and report writing highly desired. Prior query writing experience highly desired.
• Must be proficient with database reporting programs, especially Power BI
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Demonstrated ability to organize time, information, and widely disparate priorities and complex issues so as to accomplish multiple, on-going and unrelated time critical tasks required.
• Ability to articulate strategies and implement policies required
• Proven project management experience highly desired
7 or more years of experience in higher education, preferably in a Registrar’s Office, required; including 3 or more years of direct experience using and maintaining complex information systems required (Banner Student and DegreeWorks expertise strongly desired).
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/26410
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency