English as a Second Language (ESL), Noncredit - Adjunct Professor
English as a Second Language (ESL)
$56.89 per hour (based on lecture hour equivalent)
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website
to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. One (1) letter of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Bachelor’s degree in teaching English as a second language, or teaching English to speakers of other languages; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in education, English, linguistics, applied linguistics, any foreign language,
composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, or speech; and a certificate in teaching English
as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor; OR
3. Bachelor’s degree with any of the majors specified in subparagraph (2) above; and one year of
experience teaching English as a second language in an accredited institution; and a certificate in
teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first two years of employment as a noncredit instructor; OR
4. Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in English as a second language; OR
The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions included in the application); OR
6. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355. (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.) AND
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will need to answer the equivalency questions included in the application.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website
For more details about this position, please contact:
Name: Jody Fernando
Title: Director, English Language Learners
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (909) 274-5500
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8705
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency