Admissions Counselor II/Recruiting Communications CoordinatorAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Office Of AdmissionsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
Responsibilities:Recruitment and Admissions: 80%
- This position is responsible for recruiting prospective undergraduate students to the University. This position is vital in increasing enrollment to the University
Communications Coordinator: 20%
- Advise students on admission requirements and transferability of courses prior to applying for admissions to Texas A&M
- University-Corpus Christi. Coordinate and facilitate school visits and other programs designed to attract high school and
- community college students to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Recruit high school students during the Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (TACRAO)
- recruiting season and other programs and activities assigned by the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.
- Communicate with students, parents and counselors via phone, email, postal mail with regard to necessary information about files and attending Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Serve as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and local school systems and community colleges throughout the state of Texas.
- Provide assistance to Assistant Director of Recruitment with Ambassador/Student Employee programs/trainings and with development of recruitment programs and events.
- Work with Enrollment Communications team to provide oversight to the Admissions social media accounts. Create marketing material for various recruitment promotions and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year of related experience in admissions, student recruiting, or college relations.
- Ability to travel for recruitment purposes.
- Ability to work irregular hours during scheduled times, including occasional weekends as needed.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and in personal computers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with diverse populations in a positive, courteous, and professional manner.
- Strong customer service and public presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, and organize events.
- Master's degree in Education, Communications, or Business/Marketing.
- Documented excellence in a professional role, dealing one-on-one with people on a daily basis in a dynamic service-oriented environment.
- Experience with Banner Student Information System and/or Customer Relations Management Software.
- $2,780.17 - $3,500 monthly ($33,362 - $42,000 annual).
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Admissions-Counselor-II-Recruiting-Communications-Coordinator_R-045382
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency