Assistant Coach, Men's Gymnastics
Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Stanford University's Athletic Department is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Men's Gymnastics Coach. The Assistant Coach would assist the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the men's gymnastics program. Your responsibilities will include:
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Must stay educated on latest techniques, judging and spotting
- Have clear understanding of training elite level gymnasts
- Keeping abreast of changes to the code of points
- Help with construction of routines
- Contribute to design of training program
- Coaching in the gym - up to the 20 hours required for the athletes
- Contribute to technical development of athletes
- Help implement training program established by head coach
- Follow expectations for representation of program set by head coach
- Travel with team to competitions
- Be available to coach on the floor during all competitions including but not limited to:
- NCAA dual meets
- NCAA Invitational meets
- USA meets or International meets needed for gymnasts to maintain or make National teams
- National Team meets that Stanford gymnasts may be competing in, including but not limited to: National Championships, World Championships, World Cup, and Olympics
- Help with marketing of men's gymnastics program
- Help develop community service and outreach
- Help in maintenance of Ford gymnastics gym - and be primarily responsible for practice and competition facility equipment check and set up
- Comply with responsibilities delegated by the Athletic Department
- Professionally represent University, Athletic Department, Program and team at all times
- Stay informed of new developments in the NCAA gymnastics rules and regulations
- Get National Judging Certification
- Be approved by NCAA for recruiting
- Help in recruiting of prospects
- Stay informed of new developments of PAC 10 Conference and NCAA bylaws
In addition, our preferred qualifications are:
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have three years of experience coaching in: Junior Olympic program, National team level, or NCAA level.
- Be safety certified through USAG
- Brevet and or National judging certification strongly desired and will be required once on job.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2754716
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency