Manager of Advancement ServicesLOCATION:
On-site, Redlands, CADEPARTMENT:
Staff, Twelve (12) months, Forty (40) hoursSTARTING SALARY RANGE:
$15.13 per hourGRADE:
Six (6) monthsPOSTING DATE:
January 4, 2022APPLICATION DEADLINE:
January 14, 2022
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Manager of Advancement Services, functions as the key support person for the department and as a critical member of the donor services operation. Under general supervision, records gifts and pledges and maintains donor and donation information in the University's fundraising database and hard files. This position requires an individual who can take responsibility for data integrity and who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures.
- Processes gifts and pledge payments including check, credit card, and non-cash gifts (securities, real estate, personal property) and deferred gifts daily using Datatel software and ensures gift batch entries balance against proof reports.
- Transmits electronic files to Office of Business and Finance (OFB) along with reports and balanced daily deposits.
- Maintains security of financial instruments and credit card information until final delivery to OFB.
- Distributes gift receipts, envelopes and documentation promptly to appropriate staff in Development Office
- Establishes new and updates existing Datatel records for individuals and corporations in connection with donations and other University Relations division purposes.
- Works closely with Advancement Services and Development staff to maintain proper procedures and ensures posted gifts and pledge entries are in compliance with CASE Management Reporting Standards, FASB and IRS substantiation standards, and University guidelines.
- Distributes and tracks pledge reminders and efforts to complete payment of outstanding pledges, researching and communicating with Development Officers as necessary.
- Acts as corporate Matching Gift Coordinator, verifying eligible gifts, completing documentation (written or online) required for obtaining matching gifts from corporations, entering expected matches in the database and following up with company representatives via telephone or email for payment within expected timeframe.
- Assists Manager of Advancement Services in providing documentation for the OFB in connection with the annual audit.
- Responds to inquiries from other University Relations staff concerning donor records, matching gifts and gift processing.
- Maintains department donor confidentiality and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential and financial instruments secure.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of additional coursework. Two (2) years of related experience in a similar position is required. Knowledge of higher education and/or non-profit sector preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and familiarity with a relationship database software program required; knowledge of MS Access desired. Must have basic research skills, strong proofreading ability, attention to detail, and knowledge of recordkeeping. Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills and ability to interpret regulations and complex procedures required. The successful candidate will competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff, and external constituents.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume/CV and cover letter with the application. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19: New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submitting an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIThttp://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE