Financial Assistant 4
Penn State Harrisburg is accepting applications for a full-time Financial Assistant, level 4, in the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education (BSED). The mission of BSED is to prepare students to promote the holistic development of our fellow human beings by fostering wellness and addressing the serious educational, health, psychological, and social problems of our times. BSED is home to a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs and is comprised of three academic divisions: Health and Professional Studies, Social Sciences and Psychology, and Teacher Education. We seek a Financial Assistant, level 4, to help advance the mission of BSED by supporting the budgetary and post-award grant and gift activities of the BSED faculty, students, and staff.
This position will provide school budgetary support and grant and gift budgetary support in the school director's office in the School of Behavioral Sciences and Education and in the Douglas W. Pollock Center for Addiction Outreach and Research. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering grant and gift budgets in compliance with university, federal, and sponsor guidelines and in coordination with the Office of Research and Outreach, Office of Development, and the College Financial Officer routinely using SIMBA, SAP Concur, and SIMS to make purchases and reconcile accounts. Knowledge of charge out rates, cost accounting standards, and general ledger accounts is strongly preferred
- Monitoring school budgets, including making purchases and reconciling accounts
- Preparing budget reports and other financial documents
- Creating visual presentations
- Arranging events
- Organizing meeting materials
- Taking minutes
- Submitting facilities' work orders
- Greeting visitors
- Answering phones
- Processing mail and e-mail
- Resolving inquiries to ensure compliance with university procedures and policies
- Assisting the Administrative Support Coordinator with other duties as assigned
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Typically requires a High School diploma or higher, Bachelor's degree preferred, plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the successful completion of standard background checks in compliance with University policy.
Penn State is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Harrisburg/Financial-Assistant-4_REQ_0000023649-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/
, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency