Director of MBA Career Management, Wharton
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Director of MBA Career Management, WhartonJob Profile Title
Director DJob Description Summary
The Director of MBA Career Management (MBACM) is charged with partnering with team leads to drive the strategy, development, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive, world-class recruiting and career management experience for 1700+ Wharton MBAs, Wharton alumni, and thousands of employers. This position reports directly to the Deputy Vice Dean and serves as a senior administrator in the management of the Graduate Division of the School. The Director oversees a team of 30 staff members (26 full-time and 4 part-time).Job Description
The Director provides forward looking, strategic leadership for the MBACM team to carry out strategies, projects, and events in the verticals of career education programs, career advising, recruiting technology, employer relations, alumni services, marketing & communication, and operations. The Director fosters a culture of responsiveness, accountability, and support among staff for student and alumni career needs and initiatives. This leader must have intellectual curiosity for data, using it to inform decisions both with the team and about the populations we support, as well as a strong understanding of technology for platform development and expansion.
The Director will develop initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of MBACM in serving the needs of students and recruiters with a thoughtful focus on outcomes and metrics. S/he aspires to be a thought leader in MBA recruiting, with a clear understanding of the current recruiting landscape and ability to accurately predict and prepare for changes. The Director must demonstrate a clear focus on stakeholders, proactively managing relationships with current students, employers, alumni, and institutional partners. The position drives the strategy for employer services, which includes overseeing events and resources, employer relationship management, new and existing services to employers, new business development, student support programs and student events that involve recruiting. The Director will commit to being accessible to students and companies and engage in the role of being the face of MBACM.
Active within the Wharton community, the person in this role strengthens the MBACM office's brand, visibility, and value to internal and external constituents. The Director is an advocate for MBACM within the School and will actively collaborate as a senior administrator in the Graduate Division, working on MBA Program-wide initiatives and contributing to strategic initiatives at the School. She/he aligns with non-Grad Division Wharton departments on serving students, alumni and employers, including Wharton research centers, Executive Education, External Affairs, Penn Career Services, and Wharton's MBA Program for Executives. This role requires US and international travel.
A Bachelor's Degree is required and 7 years to 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Seven plus years of increasing responsibility in a relevant business or career services industry. A thorough understanding of student and employer needs in recruiting and an ability to shape and lead efforts to support those groups. Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse work force. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. An ability to exercise independent decision-making and handle complex, confidential issues, in a fast-paced, demanding, changing environment. An understanding of enterprise platforms / technology for recruiting and international business practices is important.
A track record that demonstrates capabilities in:
Job Location - City, State
- Mentoring and coaching
- Management of staff, resources, and projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Delivery of complex service operations
- A strong portfolio of communication skills, including presentation, advocacy, and executive presence
- Strong analytic and technology skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues/staff to create a results-driven, team environment
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$88,861.00 - $142,178.33Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/McNeil-Building/Director-of-MBA-Career-Management--Wharton_JR00045737
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency