Energy Conservation & Sustainability ManagerPosition Type:
SA1232122Full or Part Time:
Full TimeEmployee Status :
01/04/2022Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Vice President of Facilities Management, this position will manage campus sustainability and energy management sponsored programs. This position will Identify, recommend, and manage various sustainability and energy savings projects and strategies. This position will assure that all energy and conservation rebates and other incentives are claimed and received. This position will analyze utility billing to assure CU is being fairly represented and correctly billed, assure that errors are reported, corrected and refunded. Research and propose alternate energy sources for campus utilities. Work with CU students, faculty and staff to educate and motivate in areas of sustainability. Monitor CU Recycle program and work with the waste collection vendor, student government, custodial, landscaping and Campus Planning to improve our program and serve on the University’s Environmental Committee. Responsibilities:
Utilities Management: Required Qualifications:
Monitor the building management system (DDC) and suggest areas of improvement. Maintain/analyze campus utilities database. Research, recommend, implement, and document energy conservation projects. Campus liaison with utility companies, vendors, consultants. Oversee campus sustainability and energy programs. Serve as the expert on energy saving matters.
Represent Facilities (and Campus administration) with various campus (faculty/staff/student) organizations, activist groups, etc., to educate, implement, facilitate, and promote a wide range of sustainability/environmental/recycling activities. Manage trash collection contract and related issues, including special pick-ups, bin types, bin sizes, numbers of bins and locations. Work with vendor to monitor size and composition of waste stream at Chapman. Seek ways to improve collection and quantification of recyclable materials. Develop and verify proper installation and completion of sustainability projects, some of which could be student lead initiatives. Developing relationships with external partners, such as commissioning agents and specialized contractors. Update and maintain Sustainability website. Work with campus planning in developing building/construction standards/specifications that support sustainability in all aspects of design and functionality.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in implementing analogous programs and/or a Bachelor’s degree in a related technical, scientific, environmental or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED accredited desirable.
- Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Skill to communicate and interact with all levels of the University community.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures in the area of sustainability and energy conservation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience in managing energy and utility usage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both oral and written form to a wide range of the campus community.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in email, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting resource demands.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience designing and planning energy saving projects.
- Knowledge of financial and business analysis techniques.
- Skill in budget preparation, management and presentations.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Positions that are managerial; involve regular access to confidential or proprietary information; have signatory authorization on a bank or credit card info with SSN and DOB; access to cash totaling ten thousand dollars or more; or can enter into financial transactions on behalf of the company.
Some evening and weekend work hours.