Instructor/Assistant Professor of Nursing Location:
Clayton State University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The Clayton State University School of Nursing within the College of Health is accepting applications for full-time employment in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program. This is a full-time, 10-month faculty position that reports to the Interim Assistant Dean and the Undergraduate Program Director. The faculty member is expected to provide mentoring, advising, didactic and clinical training. This 10-month term or tenure-eligible faculty position primarily serves as faculty for the Undergraduate (BSN) program and incorporates traditional faculty roles of teaching, scholarship, practice and service that is consistent with a term or tenure-eligible faculty appointment. Specifically, this position includes involvement in (1) curriculum development, (2) implementation (3) evaluation, (4) classroom and online instruction of students, (5) clinical supervision at various sites (6) engagement in scholarly activity, and (7) service to the school, university and community.Faculty members are engaged and active participants of school governance activities; implement and attain annual achievements consistent with rank as well as those that would lead to promotion to a higher rank. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience. The ideal candidate will have had previous teaching experience and be eligible for licensure in the State of Georgia.
- Demonstrate commitment to contributing to CSU School of Nursing mission and vision, contributes to development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum with an emphasis on BSN education, prepare appropriate plans, materials, and learning activities for students to achieve the learning outcomes of each class, clinical supervision of an assigned group of students in the clinical and laboratory settings (65%)
- Demonstrate evidence of building scholarship in a focused area of research, efforts to influence clinical practice and will disseminate research and/or practice knowledge through publications and presentations, and maintains ongoing scholarly contributions to their field such as translation of evidence to practice, presentations or manuscript publications (20%)
- Serves on departmental, school, and university committees as necessary, as well as participate in professional activities, maintains a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession and community, and engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at CSU (15%)
- The faculty member may have additional duties and responsibilities as assigned. This position requires on-campus presence. It is not a virtual appointment.
- Doctorate degree in nursing preferred
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Prior experience teaching BSN students preferred
- Eligibility for or current, unencumbered Georgia nursing license
- Final candidates must undergo a criminal background check
- Experience in a hospital setting
- If seeking a tenured or tenure-eligible position, has an established area of researchDemonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at CSU
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (678) 466-4230, or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or oneusgsu[email protected].
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.
Special Applicant Instructions
Submit cover letter, cv/resume, list of referecnes, and unofficial transcripts (official will be requried upon hire).