Program Manager - SkyDeck (7376U) 26573
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
We support startups founded by UC Berkeley students, alumni, and faculty who are seeking to bring their scientific and technical discoveries to market, and commercialize groundbreaking UC Berkeley research. SkyDeck also welcomes startups founded by affiliates of any of the ten University of California campuses, and startups who are located outside the US seeking to connect with students and faculty at UC Berkeley.
Many SkyDeck programs support education for UC Berkeley students through internships, professional development, and opportunities for students to learn about startup creation and launch. SkyDeck aims to further the university's scientific research and educational purposes by helping to ensure that the university's research is made available to the public at large through commercialization.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 16, 2021
The Program Manager position supports Berkeley SkyDeck's program team in handling and managing the program including program logistics and planning as well as duties surrounding setting up and organizing the many events and workshops that take place at SkyDeck. Program management:
- Manage the programmatic needs of SkyDeck's startups with a special emphasis and focus on the international startups and founders that come to SkyDeck
- Work with founders one on one to to refine their pitch and presentations for investor meetings
- Manage any and all founder inquiries regarding SkyDeck facilities and operations
- Conduct surveys and analysis of founder satisfaction with the program and recommend and implement improvements and changes on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate the planning and organization of programs, networking events to help connect international founders to advisors, investors and corporate partners
- Manage key marketing projects and tasks tied to SkyDeck's Innovation Partner Program.
- Manage content marketing to promote the innovation partner program including social media, case studies, blogs, and thought leadership
- Experience managing programs.
- Familiarity planning and organizing events.
- Quick learner and able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, open environment.
- Strong attention to detail and able to deliver strong work product on-time.
- Self-disciplined individual with strong initiative.
- Proficient with Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides).
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of or the understanding of the tech-ecosystem and experience with startups
Salary & Benefits
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time, career position which is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=26573&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency