Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-045385 Job Title
Administrative Associate IIIAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Institutional EffectivenessProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
The Administrative Associate III, under general supervision, provides complex administrative support work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading. Creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
- Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services.
- Communicates information from the supervisor to others, collecting and organizing information requested by the supervisor from others, making information available to others by mail, email, telephone, and the web, and providing more complex information on processes specific to the department to faculty, staff, students, other departments, and/or the public.
- Researches and analyzes administrative requirements for specific programs or projects. Provides technical information regarding administrative procedures, services, or programs
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
- Maintains a variety of fiscal, administrative, and academic records. Posts information to agency records and modifies forms or records. Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, and other documents.
- Assists with employment processes by monitoring and maintaining credential files of applicants, preparing master files for search committees, preparing correspondence to applicants, entering required information into the applicant database, preparing position authorization forms and personnel action forms and monitoring their approval, and assisting new employees with processes associated with employment.
- Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. May deliver, pick up, or receive cash payments, documents, supplies, equipment, or materials.
- May serve as a liaison for departmental equipment and service contracts. May participate in the hiring training, and supervision of student workers and other support staff
- Remains competent and current by attending professional development courses, software training classes, and courses and/or training sessions as directed by the supervisor or required by the University. Provide excellent customer service.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Degree Preferred. Prior experience in higher education. Knowledge of FAMIS, Concur and Texas A&M University-Commerce policies and procedures.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student workers and graduate assistants.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.