The Division of Communications & Marketing serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus, purposefully fulfilling partners’ goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner.
In words, in pictures, online and in the news media, the Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how DU and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies. The team specializes in brand management, strategic communication, community engagement, media relations, digital and social media strategy, website development, content training and strategy, print and online publications, and videography and photography.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Art Director and will lend their experience in digital design and energy towards, Web UI, advertising, email, landing pages, publications and signage, typically under tight deadlines. The incumbent must clearly demonstrate the ability to define and analyze complex problems and make sound decisions independently and/or under minimal supervision, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of the project/department and show proactive leadership in planning to meet specified goals and deadlines. The incumbent will be required to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The incumbent must be able to adapt to quickly to changing priorities, and must uphold a commitment to the highest standards of journalism, marketing and public relations. Finally, as an employee of the University of Denver, the incumbent must uphold the highest standards regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide digital graphic design development and support of design projects for the University
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Work with art director and project managers, serving internal clients on various branded projects; manage design from beginning to end
- Generate concepts and design options under the supervision of the Art Director and/or Director of Creative Services
- Other projects as needed and/or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding and experience in user-centered design process
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, calculator, phone, printer, copier and fax required
- Solid competency in Adobe CC design and wireframing programs, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD
- Working knowledge of front-end digital production; HTML/CSS
- Competency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Commitment to organizational priorities
- Ability to be flexible with assignments and multiple priorities; creative thinker who can effectively innovate big ideas and also work out all the details
- A team player who is adept at building relationships and strengthening ties across multiple departments
- Ability to travel to other buildings on campus on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, campus partners/clients and senior leaders in achieving objectives
- Track record of success in a highly matrixed environment with multiple constituents; able to integrate thinking across divergent points of view
- Ability to generate creative ideas and also lead execution of these ideas
- Superb design skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to take feedback constructively from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions and iterate on designs and ideas to achieve a positive solution to further a brand
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or military training in graphic design, or other related fields
- 5 years’ experience in the graphic arts, with at least three 3 years client relations experience managing art, creative and working with multiple clients with disparate needs simultaneously
- Proficiency with design software
- Working knowledge of front-end digital production (HTML/CSS)
- Demonstrated career success with supporting design portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience with front-end digital production (HTML/CSS) as reflected in provided portfolio
- Excellent interaction design skills
- Experience working with vendors to complete work
- Demonstrable collaboration with technical team members (developers/web support) to complete complex digital projects
- Experience designing for websites managed through a content management system (CMS)/emails managed in a customer relationship management (CRM) tool
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, January 17th, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Link to Portfolio
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.