QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and previous experience within collegiate facilities and operations preferred. Ability to work a non-traditional schedule, often including nights and weekends. Must possess a collaborative work style in a diverse and fast-paced environment. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in individual or small group settings. At times, the individual may need to lift 25-75 pounds and work at heights above ground level.
DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations reports to the Senior Associate AD for Facilities and Operations and works closely with facilities and planning staff. This role provides support to the day-to-day operations, scheduling, and maintenance of athletic facilities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists in providing a safe and welcoming environment for student-athletes, staff, faculty, and all visitors.
- Responsible for maintenance and scheduling for assigned athletic spaces.
- Coordinates with Facilities and Planning trades staff to complete maintenance tasks.
- Manages scheduling of camps and clinics and outside rentals for the department.
- Assists with game contracts for all sports.
- Leads/Assists with setup and tear down of assigned sports, including but not limited to Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse.
- Oversees and coordinates third party event staff and student workers for events.
- Serves as “on-call” manager for assigned sports.
- Assists Senior Associate AD with capital projects and facility upgrades.
- Assists/Leads Patriot League Championships on campus.
- Assists with facility branding in assigned facilities.
- Responsible for adhering to all Department and Lafayette College policies, as well as rules, regulations, bylaws and interpretations of the Patriot League and the NCAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: The position is full-time (12 months) administrative appointment with a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are proud to offer very competitive, high quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts, and more!
DEADLINE: Review of applications to begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
APPLICATION: Letter of application indicating the exact position, resume, and a list of at least three references, should be submitted via the following link:
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.