Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) invites applications from dynamic, inspiring and experienced leaders for the position of Associate Vice President for Finance and Controller.
In 1947, Oregon Tech was founded as the Oregon Vocational School to train and re-educate returning World War II veterans. Today, Oregon Tech is Oregon’s Polytechnic University. Offering bachelor’s, master’s, and soon a doctoral degree, Oregon Tech has exceptional programs in engineering, health technologies, business, technology, communication, and applied sciences that prepare students to be effective participants in their professional, public, and international communities through applied, relevant learning, and professional practice.
- The Associate Vice President for Finance and Controller is the university’s chief accounting officer and leads the Business Affairs Office and Budget and Planning Office of the University. This role is an integral partner to the academic and administrative units across the institution and collaborates with and provides a high level of support, analysis, and counsel to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- The AVP directs, reviews, and supervises financial accounting and reporting processes and procedures, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cashiering, capital asset accounting, cost accounting, debt management and compliance, grant accounting and state and federal reporting.
- The AVP collaborates and works closely with the University Shared Services Enterprise (USSE) to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Board Pronouncements (FASB) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements that apply to the University.
- The AVP coordinates the compilation and development of the institution’s Annual Financial Statements and related report, State of Oregon Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), 990-T Unrelated Business Income Tax Report (UBIT) and compliance with Bond Covenants.
- The AVP serves on institution’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, management, finance or related field.
- Functional knowledge of FASB, GASB and GAAP.
- Strong computer and related applications skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Five years of progressively responsible financial management/leadership experience.
- Strong management, critical thinking, active listening, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Discernible problem-solving and high-performance team building skills.
- Experience with financial systems or enterprise-wide resource planning system (ERP).
- Active or inactive CPA license and/or master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience in Higher Education accounting and budgeting at the director level or higher.
- FENXT experience.
- Willingness to live and work in Klamath Falls, Oregon. (Temporary and/or partial remote work arrangements may be considered during the transitional period.)
For more information, please review the Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/ and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
THE SEARCH FIRM
EFL Associates (https://eflassociates.cbiz.com), an executive search firm, is assisting Oregon Tech with its search for this important leadership position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the search, at which time the express permission of finalists will be obtained before making their candidacy public.
STEP 1: Complete a brief online application (2-3 minutes): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OregonTechAVPFinance2
STEP 2: Send us your letter of interest and résumé or curriculum vitae:
- Send to [email protected]
- Email subject line should read “Oregon Tech AVP for Finance & Controller Application”
- Apply by February 11, 2022 for best consideration
QUESTIONS, CONFIDENTIAL INQUIRIES, OR NOMINATIONS