: Roxbury, MAPosted:
: Jan 4, 2022Closes:
: Feb 14, 2022 - 11:59 PM ESTType:
: FacultyPosition ID:
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Instructor for Radiologic Technology clinical site, in accordance with description published in Roxbury Community College catalog and the approved course outline. Responsibilities include giving lectures and guiding laboratory assignments.
- Demonstrates teaching effectiveness in the clinical areas of specialty.
- Develops instructional material consistent with course objectives and at the direction of the Radiologic Technology program.
- Collaborates with faculty colleagues and Radiologic Technology program staff to develop, support and implement the philosophy, conceptual framework, objectives and policies of the program.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills.
- Evaluates student's clinical/lab performance according to established criteria.
- Serves as a professional role model for Radiologic Technology students and potential Radiologic Technology students.
- Maintains current expertise through professional development.
Bachelor's degree in Radiologic Technology or related field
Current certification in Radiography with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in Radiography or a minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in a Radiography Program.
Teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Familiarity with Jenzabar or similar online learning applications.
- Teaching Experience at a Community College.
- Demonstrated ability to provide diverse teaching methods to different learning styles.
- Experience with Online teaching and OER.
Expected Start Date: January 19, 2022
Compensation: The salary will be determined based on the guidelines and procedures of the Division of Continuing Education (DCE) collective bargaining agreement.
There are (2) two sections; Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, and a second section Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
· All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check review. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and/or all persons who have an employment relationship with RCC, as deemed necessary.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action or Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.