Open Rank Clinical Faculty, Health Information Management
Job Posting Number:
College of Health Professions
Dept of Health Information Management
Position Description :
The Department of Health Information Management (HIM) at Texas State University invites applications for two nontenure line faculty positions at the Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor level. These are full-time positions beginning Fall 2022 located on the Round Rock Campus with a nine-month academic year appointment and possible summer employment. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. For more information on Texas State clinical faculty appointment policy, please visit https://policies.txstate.edu/division-policies/academic-affairs/04-01-22.html. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
Duties and Expectations:
Teach HIM undergraduate or graduate-level courses on topics which may include health information technology and systems, health information statistics and research, data analytics, information governance, health information security, health care delivery systems, medical coding, legal aspects of HIM, health information services management, or other HIM specific content areas on campus and via online instruction. The faculty member is expected to participate in curriculum review and development, assist with student advising, and participate in service activities at the department, college, university, and professional levels.
- An earned masters or doctorate degree in health information management, health informatics, healthcare administration, business, computer science, computer information systems, adult education, public health, or other closely related field.
- Minimum 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
- Current and contemporary competence in clinical practice or management
- Significant years (normally more than five beyond entry level) of experience in clinical practice or management, and potential for significant professional growth
- University teaching experience.
- Engaged in scholarship through relevant professional presentations, workshops, or publications.
- Leadership in relevant professional organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
- Health information management or healthcare related experience.
- RHIA, CPHIMS, or other relevant certification based on professional curriculum teaching assignment.
- Documentation of online course preparation and delivery expertise.
- Documentation of recent and ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated scholarship through relevant professional presentations, workshops, publications, or other scholarly academic activities.
- Effectiveness in teaching demonstrated by student and peer evaluation scores.
- Demonstrated active support of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated grant activity.
- Demonstrated service to a university, profession, or community.
The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered. Please visit https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/37085 to apply.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials by April 11, 2022:
- letter of interest;
- curriculum vitae;
- three letters of recommendation; and
- evidence of teaching effectiveness.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Type of Position:
Proposed Start Date:
Full Consideration Date:
Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Faculty and Academic Resources for assistance at [email protected]. A representative from Faculty and Academic Resources will respond to you as soon as is possible.
Record Checks and Verifications:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Why Work at Texas State?:
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.