Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Relations Manager. The Public Relations Manager is responsible for elevating awareness and enhancing perceptions of Lynn University through communications. This includes, but is not limited to, media relations, crisis communications, social media, events, and general marketing and communication activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the university's primary media relations contact and Public Information Officer in emergencies
- Work with director to establish robust communications strategies and campaigns to build awareness and enhance perceptions of university
- Integrate design, photography, videography and editorial to deliver high impact campaigns
- Analyze program success and track media metrics that contribute to Cabinet reports and advise future strategy
- Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and community partners
- Create and maintain digital media kits and fact sheets
- Oversee and enforce institutional brand across social media properties
- Create, monitor and engage online conversations on social platforms
- Oversee internal social media education and coordination
- Review and update media policies as necessary
- Advise departmental marketing and communications
- Maintain crisis manuals, files and message templates
- Maintain emergency communication systems and processes
- Advise and support events with media presence and/or community relations component
- Partner with the Events Manager to execute programs as needed
- Directly supervise Public Relations Coordinator
- Manage day-to-day communication with PR agency
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven expertise in building and executing communications campaigns
- Extensive experience in crisis communications and serving as PIO
- Understanding of digital media, specifically social media
- Experience using communications systems including Hootsuite, Muck Rack (or similar), Facebook Business Manager and newswire
- Ability to collaborate and problem-solve effectively
- 7-10 years' experience in Public Relations or related communications field
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.