Lecturer in Mathematics Location:
Savannah State Recruiting Loc Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the first public historically black college or university in the state of Georgia and the first institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university's students select majors from four colleges — Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
SSU invites applications for a Full-time Lecturer in Mathematics to teach undergraduate Mathematics courses. The successful candidate will teach up to 15 hours per semester of undergraduate Mathematics course including: Quanatative Reasoning, College Algebra, Precalculus, and Calculus I.
Candidates must supply a curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, copies of their transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references who can speak to the applicant’s qualifications for teaching college mathematics.
- Teaches up to 15 hours per semester of undergraduate Mathematics course. To include but not limited to Quanatative Reasoning, College Algebra, Precalculus, and Calculus I
- Commitment to student retention and success
- Commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
- Willingness to support a diverse population of learners.
- Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills, demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with online learning management systems
- Experience with online communication resources (i.e. Microsoft Teams,webex,zoom)
- May be required to perform job related duties other than those specifically delineated in this position
- M.S. in Mathematics or M.S. in a related field with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics
- Experience teaching college-level (ex. Quanatative Reasoning, College Algebra, Precalculus, Calculus I, etc.) math courses
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Math
- Experience teaching college-level Math classes for a College or University
- Experience and/or credentialing in teaching developmental or learning support courses in Math to college learners.
For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at [email protected]
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at [email protected]. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected].