Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ12227 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Web Coordinator, College of Medicine, Boca Raton, FL.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Web Coordinator for the College of Medicine will coordinate and manage updates for internal/external facing websites, internal communications and digital boards as well as provide administrative support to the Communications team. This position will work in collaboration with marketing and communications team to strengthen the college’s brand among key internal and external stakeholders.
- Update and maintain the college and clinical practice websites using content provided by college and practice units and departments.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Director, develop and facilitate new web content for college units and departments, as well as college-wide when necessary. Works with all college and practice units to ensure their web presence is engaging and current.
- Work with graphic designer as appropriate to fulfill visual content needs.
- Respond to/address unexpected technical issues and urgent web update requests in a timely manner and provide real-time web support during major college events.
- Fix website issues using SEO reporting analytics as provided by the Director for Marketing and Communications as assigned and provide activity reports.
- Utilize OmniUpdate, the content management system used by the University, HTML and CSS to facilitate web updates while also working to improve website ranking on search engines (SEO).
Communications and Administrative Support
- Monitor and update the college’s digital bulletin boards. Update the digital boards with news relevant to the college’s faculty, staff and students. Work with units to provide a continuous and current stream of content. Present content in a visually appealing display, adapting layouts and templates as necessary.
- Provide social media backup support to the Marketing and Communications team by monitoring and updating the college’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr) utilizing Hootsuite or other social media scheduling platform.
- Assist with the financial administration of the Marketing and Communications team, including purchasing, invoice processing, supplier maintenance, year-end processing and expense reporting.
- Support Marketing and Communications grassroots efforts as needed.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of appropriate experience required.
Experience in a professional marketing/communications environment preferred.
Proficiency with HTML and CSS is required. Experience with OmniUpdate and SEO is highly preferred.
Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube is required.
Knowledge of Hootsuite or other social media scheduling platform is preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
Experience with Workday is preferred.
Experience in a higher education institution, medical school, or hospital highly preferred.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential for success in this position.
Organizational and time management skills, and ability to multi-task and respond quickly to reprioritization is required.Salary:
$40,000 - $44,000College or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Application Deadline:
2022-03-17-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents will result to disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.