The MGH Institute of Health Professions is pleased to announce the search for Program Director, Entry-Level Doctor of Occupational Therap
y. Our highly ranked program is housed in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences within the graduate school founded by Boston’s Massachusetts General Hospital. We are a growing program that awards both entry-level and post-professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) degrees.This position offers unparalleled opportunities for collaboration among our occupational therapy students and faculty and with interprofessional colleagues in the Mass General Brigham system, the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, and the School of Nursing. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” We are proud to be the only school in Massachusetts to receive this recognition in 2021!Essential Job Functions:
This visionary leader will have significant responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promoting the mission, vision, and core values of MGH Institute of Health Professions.
- Implementing Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion principles in all aspects of the program.
- Collaborating with colleagues at the Institute to develop or enhance interprofessional curricular activities.
- Mentoring faculty development.
- Facilitating a collegial and supportive departmental culture.
- Overseeing development, updating, and implementation of the entry-level curriculum.
- Building and retaining partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Teaching, student advising and mentorship.
- Conducting scholarly activities.
- Providing service to the department, Institute, community, and profession.
- An academic terminal degree (PP-OTD, PhD, or EdD).
- Eligible for licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of the ACOTE accreditation and renewal process.
- Minimum of eight (8) years documented experience in the field of Occupational Therapy with 3-5 years’ full-time experience in academia.
- Experience with curriculum outcomes assessment and program evaluation.
- Demonstrated record of service to the profession.
- Teaching experience with strong teaching evaluations.
The application review process has begun and will continue until the position is filled. A cover letter including teaching philosophy and related experience, CV, and the names and contact information of at least three references should be submitted.About the MGH Institute:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education, have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach. Primary Location:
MA-Charlestown-MGH IHPWork Locations:
MGH IHP (MGHCharlestownIHP)
36 First Avenue
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Schedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Dec 21, 2021