Contracts and Projects Manager - Kennesaw Campus Services Facilities
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Provides daily oversight of projects and related contracts for the department and/or division, focusing on facilities improvements. Responsible for the coordination, management and oversight of ongoing special and capital projects. Responsibilities
1. Coordinates and oversees assigned department construction, renovation and other projects to ensure on-time completion, within budget and scope of work
2. Prepares and maintains detailed reports on all new and ongoing projects including status update reports
3. Reviews and assists drafting specifications, submittals, RFQs, RFPs, budgets, schedules, contracts and proposals for services
4. Researches and reports on best practices and process improvements for the division
5. Manages assigned department(s) related annual contracts and act as the Procurement liaison for agency and state contracts
6. Coordinates work with contractors, vendors, University stakeholders and departments
7. Oversees and coordinates Facility Condition and Assessment Reports (FCAR's) to include coordination of repairs and improvements for assigned departments as needed
8. Prepares FCAR request submission for project funding approval
9. Coordinates with department and/or division leadership and the finance team on maintaining the ten (10) year capital projects plan
10. Oversees collection of inventories and ordering of furniture for division departments
11. Reviews and approves all capital budget related quotes
12. Creates requisitions and contracts as needed and processes payment upon project completion
13. Oversees coordination of annual routine inspections to include, but not limited to fire & life safety equipment, elevator inspections and HVAC equipment for Campus Services departmentsRequired Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher educationOther Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's licenseRequired Experience
Three (3) years related experience in construction/or facilties planning Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience in an institution of higher education environmentKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of procurement process
Knowledge of project planning
Able to perform independent research
Able to communicate well with people at all levels
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to work with construction contractors
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Strong management and leadership skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.' Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education Verification + Drug Screening + MVR Report
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237578&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency