: School of BusinessLocations:
: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Dec 21, 2021Closes:
: May 12, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-Time Fiscal YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations. A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning. Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
Recognized as a Top Regional College by U.S. News & World Report for eleven consecutive years and named a College of Distinction for six consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 400 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies, EMT and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 87 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on hands-on engagement and exceptional teaching. This community-wide commitment of always going the extra mile for students is known as The Dean Difference. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
What is The Dean Difference?
The Dean Difference isn't any one thing. It's not a program or a professor. It's not a single class or a club. It's the way our academics support networks and community overlap, interweave and magnify each other. Our difference unites us. It's our secret formula. It's the nucleus around which we orbit. It isn't one thing, it's everything.
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean provides academic and strategic leadership in support of the School's academic programs. The Dean oversees all aspects of the School's baccalaureate and associate programs of study in the following areas: Athletic Coaching, Business Management, Communications, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Marketing, Recreation Management, Sport Management and Sports Broadcasting. The Dean R. Sanders '47 School of Business has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
Working collaboratively with the Vice President and the academic leadership of the College, the Dean will shape the strategic direction of School as well as help execute the operational plans of Academic Affairs. The Dean builds a collaborative and collegial academic environment where faculty provide outstanding undergraduate teaching and academic support to students with a variety of learning differences. The Dean represents the School within the College, and at state, regional, national, and international levels.
Priority will be given to applications received before May 11, 2022. Anticipated start date is prior to the fall semester.
The School Dean will elevate the School's stature by:
- Building upon the exclusive academic partnership with Kraft Sports + Entertainment through the College's Center for Business, Entertainment, and Sport Management (BESM);
- Developing new and creative business partners that enhance student learning experiences and internship opportunities, in addition to fostering the ongoing support of the School's current Business Advisory Board;
- Inspiring the faculty to incorporate creative technologies, hands-on learning, and other new pedagogy that promote multiple learning styles and that result in job ready graduates;
- Ensuring the curriculum includes current, relevant content and experiences that allow our students to be "employees of choice" upon graduation;
- Enhancing the degree options available, while exploring complementary business certificates and other micro credentials.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Program planning and development, with a focus on building the regional and national visibility of the bachelor's degree programs to grow enrollment and enhance retention;
- Collaborating with the Office of Admissions and the Office of Marketing and Business Development on marketing the bachelor's and associate degree programs in the School;
- Curriculum development, including assisting with the development of the course schedule each semester;
- Hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising full-, part-time and adjunct faculty; encouraging and supporting their professional development;
- Leading internal program reviews and student learning outcomes assessment; as well as managing budget oversight;
- Encourage and foster a collaborative and collegial academic environment of teaching and learning across the School; hosting regular school meetings to promote effective communication;
- Teaching one course each semester;
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervise all Faculty and Staff of the Dean R. Sanders '47 School of business.
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM;
- Occasional nights and weekends;
- Participation in certain college events.
- Doctorate Degree in a related field of business, management, criminal justice, communications, and/or sport management, preferred;
- Master's degree in a related field of business, management, criminal justice, communications and/or sport management, required;
- A record of professional accomplishment and experience in a business environment, preferred;
- College-level teaching experience, particularly with undergraduate students, required;
- Have seven years or more of progressively responsible academic administrative experience at the level of department chair or higher, required;
- The ability to think strategically and work collaboratively regarding program development, faculty development, enrollment management, and resource management with the goal of growing programs within the School, required;
- Experience with, and a demonstrated passion for, providing transformational learning experiences for a diverse population of undergraduates at varying stages of academic readiness, required;
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster shot, required.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.